Trip report Iberostar Bavaro

M

Marleen

Just got back from our second trip to the Iberostar Bavaro. The old saying holds true "You can't go home again" The property is still lovely, well maintained, and clean. The food is good, but not as good as it was the last time we were there. Now, one can only make three gauarenteed reservations, for a seven day stay, at the ala carte restaurants. You can put your name on a waiting list for additional reservations and you will be notified by card the day before your requested time if you have gotten the additional reservation. The ala carte lunch at the pool side resturant is gone. It to is now a buffet. This I really misssed because we are not buffet lovers. I was able to get five ala carte dinner reservation so this helped.
The beach is still great, the casiono is a nice addition as is the gym and spa. There are a lot more people on the beach than there were two years ago, but the beach is so large that this was not a problem.
I will go back to Punta Cana again, but I will try a different resort. I missed the freshness of a new place. There was no WOW on this trip. So much was the same and the stuff that was changed (cheapened up) I didn't like.

K

Karen

Hi marleen...Funny you should say that!I will be returning to the DR for the 3rd time in May and each time I have stayed someplace different! I really wanted to return to the Riu Melao this time as well but could not find as good a deal as I found going to Occidental Flamenco. Also I wasn't really 100% sold the first time I went but the beach and gardens made me go back to give the area a 2nd chance! I was so glad I did!
I guess maybe had I returned to the Riu I would have been dissappointed too ....change is good!