resorts in dorada complex

M

missy

A friend and I are travelling to Dr at the end of April and staying two weeks, we do want to stay in the dorada complex, but are having trouble finding a resort, it seems all the ones we look at have really bad reviews, and we are unable to get price listings for others. As well, we have been told that not all prices are out for that NEW SEASON yet. Last year I flew air transat and stayed at Gran Ventanna it was incredible, but my agent has not been able to get a price on this resort yet.

Does anyone know anything about Heavens...I have heard that it is mostly German, and not that great of a place. The other place we have found is Dorada Club, yet have heard bad things about it too.... wanted to stay Play Naco, but there is no way we can do that the datyes we picked leaving from Montreal. We want to be reasonably close to the water, so Victoria, and the Fun Royale are out as well as Jack o Tar..

Are Heaven and Dorada Club really that bad. And if so, what can I try??

Thanks...

M

Marvin

I'm not sure why you have ruled out Jack Tar. I just returned from two weeks there, and my villa/room was a short walk to the beach and we never had a problem getting a beach chair or a drink. The service was very good and the food even better.

A

A. Nony Mouse

The reality is that all the fifteen resorts in the Playa Dorada complex are about the same quality. If you stay at different resorts in the complex, the buffet and the shows at night will give you a distinct feeling of deja vue.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One couple will love a resort, and the next will hate it, so you can go crazy reading resort reviews. Take a chance! Book any one. It isn't a life or death decision unless you are neurotic.

B

bagamunda

I have stayed at both resorts and was at Dorado Club for new years and will be going back to this hotel on my next trip. I had a great time at both. Yes at Heavens I found to be a lot of germans and at Dorado club England and a great many from Canada esp. Montreal. Like A Nony Mouse take a chance only you can experience it........ all reviews are different

R

Randy

Stayed at Heavens in feb.2000. Not bad for the price, only 2 complaints-1 they didn't have Presidente Quisquere (spelling?) was on tap. 2 some nights when the disco closed at 3 or 4 in the morning the people were very loud as they left. Maybe I should have went out later. Did Jack Tar twice,good resort. Beach is a very short walk between 6th green and 7th tee box.

M

Marvin

Sorry to disagree, but I have stayed at the Flamenco and Jack Tar. Jack Tar was definitely a step up and it was adults only. To me this factor made my vacation more enjoyable than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I love to play with my grandchildren, but ...

P

Phyllis

I've stayed at Playa Naco, Paradise, Playa Dorada and all were great and about the same. Some had a better pool, while the other was closer to the beach... basically the same.

If you are looking to stay on a resort that has a disco, it would be Playa Naco (Tops disco), Heavens (Andromedia disco) or Paradise (Crazy Moon disco).

No matter what you pick, you will have a great time!

M

Mary

My opinion may be outdated . . . I stayed at the Flamenco about 3 yrs ago, but,I loved it. The people were great, all types of nationalities, Canadian, Germany, English, Italian and even Spanish. Our room was clean and we had a great pool view, not to mention the fact that we were central to the pool the beach and all the resturants.
I heard the next year, when a friend went, that management had changes, and they had a horrible time.
But my review who be * * * * 1/2

M

missy

A Nony Mouse

I did not even know there were 15 resorts in the complex I thought there were one 10. You would happen to know the names of all of them. My travel agent is not great and is unsure of what resorts are in the complex...some I recognize( but I only know 10)...It would help a lot if you could tell me the names...there may be some I am over looking.
Thanks

M

missy

thanks

Thanks everyone, I really appriciate the info. I think I will have fun no matter wher eI stay as I have made some friends there, and lets face it...a lot of the best times aren't even spent on the resort...I just want to ensure my friend has a great first vacation.

So, thanks again for helping.. And if tyou know of any "you must go on these excursions" excurisions, I'd love to hear about them.. I tried the half day safari/half day catamaran...as well as the tour of POP. Loved the first, could have definitely lived without the second.

Later

A

A.J.

Re: A Nony Mouse- Hotel names

1. Jack Tar
2. Puerto Plata Village
3. Heavens
4. Playa Naco
5. Paradise
6. Gran Ventana
7. Flamenco
8. Villas Doradas
9. Hotel Playa Dorada or Gran hotel PLaya Dorada
10. Victoria
11. Fun Tropical
12. Fun Royale
13. Club on the Green

I am about 99% sure I am not missing anything but may be since I did this off the top of my head.

Nearby is also the Iberostar

J

J.

Re: #1 to #6 offers beach front rooms.

Puerto Plata Village isn't on the beach. Their beach is across the street and down a pathway.

M

Mike Abbott

We Just returned from 2 weeks at Paradise Beach, and did not have any problems. I recomend the superior room. The food was great, service is excellent. Security 24/7. Beach is the best. They have gabions in the water to stop huge waves from crashing the shore.Grounds are exquisite. What else can I say.4 bars , three restaraunts. Enjoy.