Real Estate in Santo Domingo

L

Lee

I'd like to know what are prices of a let's say a 4 bedroom home in good area of Santo Domingo.Thank you.

H

Henry

Sometimes I help people with real estate over here in Santo Domingo! But your question is very vague to give a proper answer to it! For rent it is may be RD$ 15000 to 60000! The price range is very unusual, but this is one of the topics of this country! And it is very hard to find something suitable for rent anyway and if yes - you would have to do the resauration of the place!

To buy is easier, but you always need a lawyer to check up all the points like documentations, title (very imp.), and if all bills are payed (electr., water, tel., taxes etc. etc.)
Here the prices go from RD$ 2500000 to 8000000!

Now for your help the exchange rate is in the moment RD$ 16.85 to USD 1.-!

L

Lee

Are you telling me that the real estate in Santo Domingo is as
expensive as it is in New York?
How can the people of Santo Domingo afford it?
I heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that the average salary is RD$ 5,000/month.
Thank you for replying.

A

Amida Betancourt/EXPAT RELOCATION SERVICE

Saludos!
It is very difficult to determine what is what you are looking for with this little information, but I would say that the average price for rent "in a good area" with all the commodities could range in between US$3,000.00 to $4,000.00. Again this can vary according to your specifications. If you are interested in more information please feel free to contact us at our e-mail or you can also call us at:
535-0787 cell: 545-9121 Amilda
508-3474 cell: 710-1285 Deborah
We have a good amount of properties to offer.

H

Henry

The reality is, that what Europeans and Americans are used to over here is pretty expensive!

The low income people live like we call it the "varios", which they can get Apartments for 3000 to 4000 pesos, but this may not bee a safe region for foreigners! Just because you are a foreigner lots of people over here think you got money!

The other part is, that good priced appartents are avaiable, but you would have to look for them over here (you could start living in an Apto-Hotel) looking up the newspapers! With realtors it is mostly far more expensive!

Good luck!

Henry

A

Amida Betancourt/EXPAT RELOCATION SERVICE

With realtors it is mostly far more expensive according to Henry,
but I could give you and Henry many reasons why it will be for your advantage to get your property with a realtor and specially someone like us. First the property is not suppose to vary in price. Every property has a value or asking price. Second, as a foreigner entering the country it is easier and cheaper to be brought to see properties instead of walking around in strange places paying transportation or gas. With all the information we gather from the client we get to know what are the needs and the tastes of the client and knowing what is available in the market we take you straight where you want to go so you won't waste time.
Last, the person who pays the realtor is the owner of the property not the tenant.
Expat Relocation Service/Real State was crated by two "expats", one from England and the other from Puerto Rico. We understand the unique needs of the foreigners who enter country. Remember you can always contact us.

Deborah and Amilda

L

Lee

I never said it was for me.
I was seeking information for my neighbor who wants
to help her relatives (they live in Santo Domingo) to buy a house there.
Geez, I am glad I live in inexpensive New York where
I pay $600 rent a month.
I'll tell my neighbor to bring her relatives to New York
where it seems living is cheaper.
Thank you for invaluable information.