Pet gripes.."DC" empty messages

T

Tom

We ALL have our pet peeves about this message board, mine is why do people have to continually post useless messages "I agree, It's Ok, yes do it, sounds good etc" with no subject? Do you realize how much time (Those of us with our compulsion to keep things "neat") is spent clicking on those bloody 'DC" messages to show them as read.

just think if everyone did the same, thousands of messages everyday with absolutley no content

Maybe it's just me, but it seems really excessive of late

Tom

M

Marvin

Geez Tom, I kind of like 'em. Guess I'm a KISS kind of guy :).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Change your prefrences...

If it has *DC* don't read it, seems simple?

To show just new messages change your prefrences to:

Posted since your last visit began

Rob.

T

Tom

Re: Change your prefrences...

Rob

I do have it set to messages in the last 14 hours, about 40 don't clicks

Guess I have to live with it, just seems such a waste of time that people just wish to see their names and don't have a single thing to say. It's especially irritating when the board slows down and you spend time trying to keep up to date.

is there any way in preferences to not display "DC" messages/

it reminds me of when you had the number of messages posted by each person and there seemed to be a contest as to who could get their name on the most times

regards,

Tom

T

Tom

DC :)

Rob

You are correct in your statement, I posted a bunch on 22-23 february when i was trying to make the same stupid point.

Your board, If I wish to participate I beleive i have to accpt the inconsiderate rudeness of other also

Sorry about my little tirade, please delete them if it is easier than cluttering the board as others do

Can you just see what would happen to this board if EVERONE just posted Subject lines instead of actual messages?

regards,

Tom

M

mike

Tom, you really had me laughing all the way down the board. The "unified" post was hilarious, a real classic.

T

Tom

Sorry to have wasted so much time with all the "DC" posts, maybe everyone should just go to one line subjects and forget providing any useful information

Tom

A

Andrea

Couldn't agree more - perhaps some people just like to see their name in lights.