Help needed - please!!!!

ray718

May 28, 2010
My girlfriend/fianc?e is in santo domingo, and wants to take english classes to prepare for her coming to the states with her K-visa. We were talking about possibly getting a tourist visa for her instead, since we wont be having our wedding until july 22, 2012 and until after she is done with the university in december december 2011. I would like her to visit the states instead of me having to constantly having to go to d.r.-work sucks :( Any suggestions on good english schools in santo domingo and the idea regarding the tourist visa over the k-visa. much thanks - ray718

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your girlfriend will probably NOT get a visa to "visit" the US on her own. Unless she is a student at PUCMM or UNIBE or INTEC or UNPHU and has a mommy and daddy with some money. I would not waste my time and money.

Use the money to come down and visit until such time as your fianc? visa comes through.

HB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
... Any suggestions on good english schools in santo domingo and the idea regarding the tourist visa over the k-visa. much thanks - ray718
The Boston Institute has a good program.

Regarding the visa, HB is right. The visitors visa is very difficult to obtain.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Your girlfriend will probably NOT get a visa to "visit" the US on her own. Unless she is a student at PUCMM or UNIBE or INTEC or UNPHU and has a mommy and daddy with some money.

And even then there is no guarantee she'll get it! If you have already filed your K-1 (it's a K-1, yes?) then forget it- it will raise a red flag.

You must legally marry withing 90 days of your fiancee arriving in the US. No exceptions. The US government doesn't care if it's a courtroom wedding in front of a judge or a "princess" wedding. The US opinion is that if you're ready enough to file for a K-1, you're ready enough to get married right away.

Mi esposo and I did the K-1. We got legally married within a month of him arriving and then had a family/friends celebration a few months later.

Reactions: waytogo

ray718

May 28, 2010
Thanks 4 the great advice

I will take all three as all apply to our situation. I have two more trips to dr b4 the visa is approved. I owe u guys and gal a coldone or anything light from the US. pm I be in santo Domingo and mica on presidents weekend. Ray718

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
I translated my own letters for my appeal and was told they were inadmissable because I did them myself. Play it safe and pay for a professional translator.