Excellent Puerto Plata/Cofresi Restaurant - Los Tres Cocos

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's very rare for me to suggest a restaurant, people have varying needs, tastes etc so I'm always little reluctant to suggest a place. One man's treasure is another mans trash etc.

But...

Los Tres Cocos just outside Puerto Plata on the way to Cofresi get's two big thumbs up from me. I have now eaten their 5 times and the food has been excellent and reasonably priced everytime.

The hosts Miky (Chef) and Arelis (wife) are fabulous, very welcoming and they have created a small restaurant with a great ambience.

It's located just outside of Puerto Plata in Los Rocas, Cofresi.
The road to enter is the same as a new Cabana called "Las Rokas".
You drive past the main gate into the cabana and up the hill and it's located on the right hand side.

If you go, let them know Robert from DR1 sent you and I have no doubt they will bend over backwards to make sure you have a great experience.

Los Tres Cocos
Tel: (809) 970 7627
Cel: (809) 993 4503

Enjoy!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks for the heads up Robert, my husband and I will be in Cofresi on Thursday for 5 days, we'll check it out!

If anyone else is going to be there, drop me a PM

AE

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
An outstanding restaurant

We in Costambar have know about (and frequently visit) Los Tres Cocos for many years. Micky (as the owner/chef is known) has hosted many romantic dinners, birthday and anniversary parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
I would have to agree that the ambience at Los Tres Cocos is wonderful as is the preparation of the food. However, I have to disagree as the EXCEPTIONALLY small piece of salmon that I was served as the main course was highly overpriced at over 700 pesos! It was the size of a persons index and middle finger held together or about the size of one large shrimp, no exaggeration! That was one year ago, will never go back. Sorry!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would have to agree that the ambience at Los Tres Cocos is wonderful as is the preparation of the food. However, I have to disagree as the EXCEPTIONALLY small piece of salmon that I was served as the main course was highly overpriced at over 700 pesos! It was the size of a persons index and middle finger held together or about the size of one large shrimp, no exaggeration! That was one year ago, will never go back. Sorry!

That has not been my experience and I have had the salmon. To be honest, I have never seen a main coarse for as much as RD$700, but I could be wrong.

Did you say something to Miky the chef (owner)? I would have done if they had charged me RD$700 for what you described.

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
My friend, whose birthday we were celebrating, and had been there previously, and knows Mike the chef/owner went into the kitchen to tell him how disappointed we were with the exceptionally small piece of salmon simply said his wholesale price of salmon is very costly. No reduction of the bill or coffee, tea, or dessert on the house. Paid the bill and simply left, knowing there would be no future return trip there. That was almost a year ago.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
My friend, whose birthday we were celebrating, and had been there previously, and knows Mike the chef/owner went into the kitchen to tell him how disappointed we were with the exceptionally small piece of salmon simply said his wholesale price of salmon is very costly. No reduction of the bill or coffee, tea, or dessert on the house. Paid the bill and simply left, knowing there would be no future return trip there. That was almost a year ago.

Oh well, you can't win them all. I'm sure the salmon tasted good :)

I'm 5 for 5 right now, so will still be going back and 100% recommending Tres Cocos.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Can't please everyone. I respect your opinion Robert and please continue to recommend the places and things you like.

Los Tres Cocos is a very good restaurant. Higher end food but with higher prices. If you do not like dark, though, not the place for you. A little hard to find. When you turn down the road from either Puerto Plata or Cofresi, you will come to Stefy and Natale's first. Los Tres Cocos is just a little further around the corner on the left.
Stefy & Natale's has VERY good food also, but sometimes the servers/waitstaff TOTALLY ignore you !!

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
I try to go to Los Tres whenever I'm in country I love the jagger schnitzel and the portion's and it's even better with a weiss beer.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I had dinner at Stefy and Natale's about a year ago. We ordered wine (bottle) and were given 7UP's. I explained we had ordered wine. The waitress then brought us to more sodas. I walked over to where the wine was stored and pick it out and handed it to her. She brought it to the table but had no idea how to open it. I opened it, no problem, she was obviously new. After our meal, which was below average, and delivered to the wrong table at first, I asked for the bill. We waited and waited and waited. So I went up front to discover several other people were in front of me, not to pay their bill but to get it. The person in front of me said he had had similar problems the entire evening, but thought this was normal. We have not returned.