AA Bag Fee Changes *NOTE*

E

engineerfg

Gotta love it when an executive at a nameless faceless company comes up with new money making schemes.

Effective Feb 1st, all tickets on american (Except first class) will be charged:

$25 for first checked bag
$35 for second checked bag

Asi que, if spirit, easyjet, and ryan air can do it, why can't American?

I do not want to be the first schmuk to pay for this 'service' and have my bag rifled through and cologne stolen by the baggage handlers.

In the words of Scarface, you know what capitalism means? You get F'd!

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Effective Feb 1st, all tickets on american (Except first class) will be charged:
$25 for first checked bag
$35 for second checked bag!

Your information is only partially true. Pertaining to the new February 1st charges, there is currently NO additional fee for the 1st and 2nd bag between the United States and the Dominican Republic or vise versa. The new fees only pertain to flights between the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United States and Puerto Rico.
This information can be viewed on this link or by calling 1-800-433-7300 for English or 1-800-633-3711 for Spanish.

I also called the 800# and double checked.......

American Airlines Changes To Checked Bag Charges On AA.com

B in Santiago

Reactions: greydread

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Your information is only partially true. Pertaining to the new February 1st charges, there is currently NO additional fee for the 1st and 2nd bag between the United States and the Dominican Republic or vise versa. The new fees only pertain to flights between the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United States and Puerto Rico.
This information can be viewed on this link or by calling 1-800-433-7300 for English or 1-800-633-3711 for Spanish.

I also called the 800# and double checked.......

American Airlines Changes To Checked Bag Charges On AA.com

B in Santiago

anyway, this crap is not even new...this being happening for the past 3 years.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you think this might be self-inflicted punishment? I mean it used to be funny in a rather sick way to watch these women coming out of Customs with five huge bags after travelling to the States for a week?

It was so obvious that they were hauling back merchandise for resale, or disposing of some dead bodies-I don't know. The best part when one of these women would be brought out in a wheel chair@! and followed by two baggage carts loaded to the maximum....talk about playing the system!!

It used to be quite normal to have to wait two or three days for baggage to arrive during the big Christmas season or in late August....wheneverythere was a crush. Getting to the airport three or four hours ahead of time was the norm if one wanted the luggage to make the same flight. Not even 747s could haul the baggage of a flight full of returning Dominicans. Now an A-320 can handle it with some ease!!

And Voil?, a new business was born: Door to door service for barrels and boxes...

Interesting how things work out, huh?

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jeez, I hope to God not too soon, I have three boxes on a ship right now!!!

HB