Volunteering in Santo Domingo

vinceslammer24

Feb 10, 2011
I am currently planning a trip to Santo Domingo this summer for myself and two friends. I'm excited for this trip as a vacation, but since it is three weeks I think it would be great to get involved volunteering during the day. We are all students and would like to possibly work in a school, assist in english classes or even with a church. We're not very picky but would like to work with people. I'm looking for any ideas, or organizations that could help us accomplish this. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Send a Private Message to juanita on this forum. She does amazing arts and crafts activities at children's homes on the weekends - she may be able to give you contacts for the places she knows, if there are possibilities for volunteering there during the week.

You could also try contacting Muchachos con Don Bosco (youth and street kids programme) Muchachos y Muchachas con Don Bosco - Intro

vinceslammer24

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. Those both look like good opportunities, especially un techo para mi pais. I will look into both of these, and am open to other ideas. Thanks for the help.

Feb 11, 2011
I am a Doctor in America looking to expand my current business and Chiropractic expertise to the Island. I will be working with other Doctors, Mds as well in the coming weeks. We would love to connect with people that are open minded to help people physically and financially.

Last edited by a moderator: