Any info on La Vega?

MikeyM718

Feb 17, 2011
I'm going to La Vega with a friend on June 8th for vacation and have no idea what to expect, how to dress(claims he will help me with that), or anything. I've been dying to go to DR or PR to try and become fluent in Spanish and my friend invited me and I jumped at the opportunity. I'm from New York which is full of "Newminicans"(Yeah I made that up lmao) and some that I know tell me La Vega is dangerous etc to be careful and then others tell me it's not bad at all. I'm Puerto Rican and my parents failed me in the language department so I've been studying on and off for the past few years and hope on bettering my vocabulary and listening skills before I get there so that I can use that time to hopefully make myself a lot more fluent.
So is it as bad as some are saying or are they just saying that to mess with my head? lol Guess it doesn't matter because I'm going regardless. Also how are the people there? Wouldn't mind meeting some girls there either lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
La Vega is a campo. It has an urban element but it depends on Santiago for most things.
It has a nice, old feel to it and there are wonderful neighborhoods. There are some very wealthy people in the town, and traffic can be a pain...But I would not say it is a dangerous place unless you are into drugs and other such nefarious things...

HB

MikeyM718

Feb 17, 2011
Well regardless I'll be fine I'm sure. I'm pumped this will be my first time leaving my country. Thanks for the info though I can't wait!

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
As far as meeting some girls there.... You are a rich American, just keep that in mind.... There is always an abundant supply of pretty girls in DR, anywhere you go and with a general understanding of the language, you'll do great, wether you are attractive or look like Jay-Zee.....A friend of mine that is Dom and lives in Jersey, not far from Philly, went to La Vega to visit his family there and told me that there were girls interested in him until he lied and told them that he was Dominican only, not a US citizen.........

No more interest.......So remember the game, while you are playing it and be a player of the game......Not the GAME, itself....:surprised

Personally, now that I'm reaching senior citizen status, I'm delusional when I'm on the Island, thinking I'm a young man, until I look in the mirror......

So, the game could be called, she loves me, she loves me not........or is she after my MONEY........

But the actresses that you encounter will give you the run for your.....MONEY ?????????

Be good to yourself and while you're studying spanish, read the sankee threads on this forum.......So that we don't have to respond to your broken Heart Stories and have you chased off this forum, from the surprises you will encounter.....GUARANTEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could be wrong, just trying to make you aware of whats waiting for you....:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: Bronxboy