3 Box Cutters in Carry-On, Jet Blue-STI Flight

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Last year I unintentionally boarded a Jet Blue flight to SDQ with a pair of Spyderco Delicas in my carry on bag. Grabbed the wrong bag (sleepy, a.m. flight) on the way out. Neither I or security picked up on it. Didn't realize it until after I arrived at my destination.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, I once went through with a large Swiss Army Knife. those Spydercos look mean!!

So our security sucks, I guess. Although I heard that the two inspectors were suspended.

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I can understand how he forgot they were in there. We had a warehouse for many years, and I carried the slim, pen-sized box cutters everywhere because I never knew when I'd have to open a box. In my pockets, purse, etc. One trip to DR, I handed 2 or 3 of them from my purse to the check-in attendant - but I very easily could have forgotten they were in there. And I've had tubes of toothpaste and things like a cuticle nipper [that one hurt, I had just paid $25 for it] taken away.

AE

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I've had tweezers taken away twice, Crazy Glue once, and an umbrella once. All dangerous things, don't you know. I could pluck the captains eyebrows, glue they back on and open the umbrella on the plane!

Reactions: AlterEgo

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
lol this is just crazy. you know when i came back here to the us i had my bags checked four times by four different people and was harassed by immigration for an hour and a half and all i had were two rotors and two pairs of brake pads.

these people sometimes amaze me...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
As a nurse you never know when something will go wrong so we fill our pockets with all kinds of stuff. When I lived in Santiago and worked in NYC, I would get off of work at 8pm and catch the A train straight to JFK for the 11pm flight to Santiago. I can't tell you how many times I had to explain away the syringes, needles, umbilical cord clamps, and various other medical paraphernalia. They never took them from me, maybe because I was in scrubs, I don't know.

SHALENA

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As a nurse you never know when something will go wrong so we fill our pockets with all kinds of stuff. When I lived in Santiago and worked in NYC, I would get off of work at 8pm and catch the A train straight to JFK for the 11pm flight to Santiago. I can't tell you how many times I had to explain away the syringes, needles, umbilical cord clamps, and various other medical paraphernalia. They never took them from me, maybe because I was in scrubs, I don't know.

SHALENA

I hope terrorists aren't reading this. If so, they will start dressing in scrubs.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Check this out..

About a year ago, I was coming back to the States, on a Sunday. Friday, I packed all my bags. Saturday, we went to la Ensenada Beach. As a precaution, I took some extra ammo (all my papers are in order). I put then in my camera bag. We had a great time. Somehow the slugs found their way under the linen of the camera. Sunday, I headed to the airport in Santiago. Everything thing was fine. My bag went thru the X ray machine. Nothing happened. Boarded my flight and off we go. Got to JFK.. perfect, then home. 3 days later, I took my camera from the bag to show my family videos and pics from my trip.. Then it happened. From under the linen came rolling six (6) 9mm slugs. I almost fainted. Ran to the bathroom and flushed them down the toilet.

God blessed me that day and all the days of my life..;)