both sides of the coin

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
so i've ran into i guess what are two types of women in the dr. the money hungry one who tries to schmooze you, and the honest heart-felt one that really is serious. or is she?

let me explain.

the first money hungry one wasn't at all that way in the beginning. never asked for a peso or anything worth money, maybe a juice or funda de aqua while walking. but later in the relationship when time passed she needed this and that and couldn't afford it on her own. so having a little to spare i would help her out with a few things but nothing major, nothing over RD$1,000 ever. anyways to make a long story short, i just got fed up with her asking for money basically daily and not giving me somethings that i wanted daily if ya know what i mean...so i ended it. then comes to the light that she has someone else (who would've thunk it) on the side.

a little later i meet up with a very nice woman and we talk and get to know eachother quite well over a period of time. she is in university and she studies quite hard, goes to church often, is well educated, mannered, elegent, but also doesn't have any money of her own. we arrange to go meet her family as she lives in the city and her parents live in el campo. we enjoyed the time in the country and her parents were impressed with the chemistry in the two of us. i gave the parents some money to help out because they are quite poor even for the standards of the dominican republic. they also grow all their own food and her father who is a little aged works quite hard and i felt it was the least i could do after eating and sleeping there for half a week.

now here is where i am a little confused. i've tried offering her money before to buy minutes on her cell so we can talk, to buy clothes since she has very few, for books for school, food in the house, and miscellaneous other items and she ALWAYS refuses to take it, no matter the amount. so now i just don't offer anymore.

could she be planning something in the future? could she turn out like the other chick, just in a more slowly drawn out manner?

this girl has a LOT of potential in her life and i really dont see her going down that path, but have you seen it happen before?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Perhaps she doesn't want to feel beholden to you, or was raised that you earn your own way. My wife is very independent and tries not to spend any more of my money than is necessary. Not all Dominicans are parasites regardless of the opinions of some.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
what Bob said

goes for me too. However you must understand that compared to most Dominicans expat men are millionaires. Even if you have only a middle income ,teacher, cop, fireman, or similar then you make many multiples of what is possible for most Dominican women in the DR. Working Dominicans cannot afford to drop a few thousand dollars on a two week vacation. As regards honesty you find that out in the long run. Just keep an open mind and your eyes open and sooner or later you will find out what is going on. My theory is give them plenty of rope and they will hang themselves if they are the hanging type. You can sit back and enjoy the show. My wife is Dominican and is the best thing that ever happened to me. She is honest, hard working, and treats me like a king after five years of marriage. What I ever did to be so fortunate I will never know but it sure feels good!!!

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
i dont get the vibe or feeling from her that she will turn into the other chick down the road. she is very genuine. i've just seen so many stories here on the contrary that i dont want to get too involved and caught up in her.

while i was there in the DR i ran acroos many a female who were "attracted" to me and of course i knew why. but her and i met under different circumstances, took it slow from the beginning, and remain in contact daily without issue.

im only asking for securirt purposes because i know how woman can be from my past and just want some advice from people who have seen a little more than i have.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
i dont get the vibe or feeling from her that she will turn into the other chick down the road. she is very genuine. i've just seen so many stories here on the contrary that i dont want to get too involved and caught up in her.

while i was there in the DR i ran acroos many a female who were "attracted" to me and of course i knew why. but her and i met under different circumstances, took it slow from the beginning, and remain in contact daily without issue.

im only asking for securirt purposes because i know how woman can be from my past and just want some advice from people who have seen a little more than i have.

Man if you can figure a woman from your own culture you're doing better than most of us, so how hard do you think it is to figure out one from the DR. She sounds like the type you have a permanent relationship with. Go with the flow.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Go with your head. The biggest mistake in the republic is for guys to fall for a woman half their age, or less, thinking it can work. Then getting upset when they work out they have had a live in whore for 5 years once she shows her true motives. If you are real with yourself, and you will know if you are batting out of your league or below your normal social status then I see no reason to have a go, see where it goes. Dominican women will rarely change once involved so what you see in the first 6 months is generally what you get.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I don't get this ????

You complain about a woman who would ask your for money and dropped her for not complying with your sex demands.

Now you have a woman who doesn't ask you for money, but you offer her money and are asking if she's playing with you for long term benefits..

LOL LOL LOL

I can see how foreigners are criticized for dating poor women !

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
well done you discovered there are all kinds of people out there with all sorts of motives for doing just about anything

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Why people try to make life so complicated??? so many beautiful women here in US and theses guys keep going to DR to get involve in a relationship.

Must be cause over there is a quick pick and there is not beauty requirements.

JJ

Reactions: Bronxboy

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Why people try to make life so complicated??? so many beautiful women here in US and theses guys keep going to DR to get involve in a relationship.

JJ

Just take a quick look at the members photos and it soon becomes obvious why most are taking pickings in the republic.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

JJ

Yep, it is because of the easiness to get laid!!!!

Sorry, but this is the truth!!!!

It is all good though.;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

JJ

No JJ, it could be because there are various definitions of beauty and each person has his and it is his own cross to bear. I disagree with you where I think the women in the DR are VASTLY MORE ATTRACTIVE than women in the US. You are in the Southern Belt and I wont deny women from Virginia, North/South Carolina and Maryland are super beautiful but nothing like what you have in the Caribbean.

And if they werent so poor the pick wouldnt be that quick. And some women can be Beauty and the Beast all in one, in both places.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
No JJ, it could be because there are various definitions of beauty and each person has his and it is his own cross to bear. I disagree with you where I think the women in the DR are VASTLY MORE ATTRACTIVE than women in the US. You are in the Southern Belt and I wont deny women from Virginia, North/South Carolina and Maryland are super beautiful but nothing like what you have in the Caribbean.

And if they werent so poor the pick wouldnt be that quick. And some women can be Beauty and the Beast all in one, in both places.

I think that your assessment is correct but that attractiveness is not dependent upon physical attributes alone. There generally seems to be a big difference in the way that Dominican Women see their role in a relationship versus their US counterparts. There accepting a supportive and enabling role doesn't interfere with or undermine their own identity but conversely appears to enhance it. There, being a "strong Woman" in the context of a relationship means joinin her mate shoulder to shoulder to share life's burdens and rewards. In the U.S. a "strong Woman" must conquer her mate. It's almost as if we were comparing the butterfly to the praying mantis.

I don't really have any better way to put this...in my experience the difference between Dominican Women and American Women is the exact same thing as the difference between femininity and feminism.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Thank You. I wanted to say that BUT I didnt want to come off an as anti-social woman hater type which people would call you if you line up too many points in one direction. But I think your points are correct. There is a high degree of competitiveness(interpersonal control) with American women and there is also the career value scale that people attribute to a person to determine if he is worth knowing(or has potential).

Could also be the reason why many Black men LOVE Jill Scott. There is no abrasion in her music, it almost as natural as the wind.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
In the U.S. a "strong Woman" must conquer her mate. It's almost as if we were comparing the butterfly to the praying mantis.

Very well said ! :)

GEF girl

Oct 20, 2010
Women are not more attractive in South America than in North America... they are just different than what you are used to............. and that's why you think they are hotter... for the people in South America most girls are just ordinary or humildes, nothing special... for them North American women are prettier (obviously not 300-pounders, don't be like a 4 yo).... :bunny:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Me after my first trip to Santo Domingo

In the U.S. a "strong Woman" must conquer her mate. It's almost as if we were comparing the butterfly to the praying mantis.

Very well said ! :)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUE3heslE3s?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUE3heslE3s?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Kinda liberating, ain't it?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Women are not more attractive in South America than in North America... they are just different than what you are used to............. and that's why you think they are hotter... for the people in South America most girls are just ordinary or humildes, nothing special... for them North American women are prettier (obviously not 300-pounders, don't be like a 4 yo).... :bunny:

I like women from every country. even the Albanians are cute until they grow mustaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.