Bahia Las Ballenas Hotel, Las Terrenas

C

Carlton

I'm planning my return to the Samana peninsula. As on my first trip, I plan to split my stay between Las Galeras and Las Terrenas/El Portillo. Last time I stayed at the El Portillo resort. I don't want to go all inclusive this time so I'm considering the Bahia Las Ballenas hotel which I believe is on Punta Bonita beach. Any info on the hotel would be appreciated. Also how is the beach there and is the beach in this area white sand like El Portillo or a tan sand beach? I look forward to your response

R

Ronald McIntosh

I too am planning a trip to this hotel in June of this year.There is little by way of reciews avalable as the resort is new. Dolores of DR1 was there and gave me som info, I also obtained som from the hotel itself. You can also visit their website as below as well as Samana.net

S

Sean

I believe that Bahia Las Ballenas is not quite on Punta Bonita -- it's at the far end of the beach at Las Terrenas, and you have to ford a small river in order to get to Playa Bonita from there. But if it's the place I'm thinking of, it is still pretty quiet and peaceful. But I would really recommend one of the places right on Punta Bonita instead.