Question to DR1

H

Henry

First I like to thank you in many names to this board - I think it helped a lot of people to find answers to their questions! (And to have a place where you can ask!)

I personally also appreciate the daily news as a foreigner, because even living over here sometimes to understand the spanish is not always easy to me!

Now to my request: reading your news from Monday to Friday is very informative, but is there no chance to fill the existing gap with the Saturdays??? I believe, this would be a great addition to your present profile!

All the best!

Henry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Interesting... Would you pay for this?

This is not directed specifically at you Henry, it's a general question to the board.

To fill this gap requires staff and dollars.
Would you be willing to pay to have the news on Saturdays?

If the daily news was by subscription only, what value you would put on it?

Don't read too much into the above questions,
I'm just curious :)

Rob.

D

Doug

Re: Interesting... Would you pay for this?

Rob; I guess you want honest feedback whether it be positive or negative. Me being a Canadien who visits regulary, i more than likely would not as I find the news, Monday to Friday very good. And I don't feel the need for more, but on the same token, I would probably pay for the one we already have if it was'nt already free. Mind you, it would have to be a small amount. But to answer your question, my honest answer would be no. But please don't take away my daily.....lol

J

John

no rod i would not pay for it,one other thing while on the subject,could it be possible to have the calender of events added to the news,and no rod i won't pay for it either..

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Calendar of events...

Calendar of events is part of the news.
This link is displayed in the email version and the online version, has been for the last 6-8 months.

http://www.dr1.com/daily/calendar.shtml

Rob.

A

anon,

The present news is a big help to RD. What it does from someone outside looking in is let us folk what is truly happening.
Imagine if you will if there was a change of government and all of a sudden tourists were not welcome to your great country anymore or if there was civil unrest. I think I speak for most, the news service you provide is both needed and appreciated. However, would I pay, probably not unless I had a vested interest
in your paradise other tha visiting for two or three weeks per year.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

D

Dave S.

Rob...I would pay...I did for 2 years before ...

the newspaper turned into an internet board...had it mailed regularly to my office in the U.S.

Best, Dave S.

J

John

Re: Calendar of events...

just trying to wipe this egg off my face rod,hard to believe i never noticed it,

M

Marvin

Rob,

Having a relatively new business interest in the DR (and a several year tourist interest), I find your DR1 news educational, informative, and the basis for some interesting posts here on the board. However, I probably would not be interested in paying for it. I do, though, believe there may be a market for some additional depth, specialized interest or some other more customized effort on an individualized basis. For instance,I have an acquaintance that deals in building materials which he exports to the DR. He may want to see more news specific to that sector of the economy. You get my drift...

D

Derrick

The news that we currently receive for free is something I enjoy and look forward to. I would pay to receive it, but if it cost more than a trivial amount, I would hope for added content or some other benefit.. IE. best travel bargains, airfare specials, hotel specials... that kind of thing...
Derrick