police nacional in boca chica

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i bought my wife a new pasola.we were driving food and medication to my wife?s father in los coquito.i got stopped in front of dominican bay for not having a casco by the guys on the moto in the grey uniforms.in which about about 20 other drivers drove past without one.my wife was yellin at the police about the casco in the night and then they whiched their plan and asked for insurance.we didnt have it so my wife and the police went back and forth arguing until my wife said give them the keys.they want to leave a 6 month pregnant lady walk medication to her father by foot then they have a big problem.i tryed to had them the keys.they would not except them.then they gave up and told us to go.is there a law that says we have to wear a casco all hours of the day and night?we got the insurance.200 pesos for the year.if i?d known that it would have been the first thing i did after buyin the moto.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
A helmet and insurance! yes i think both are things that should have been done long before you ride a moto here.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Why should you wear a helmet at night. Of course there are never any accidents or drunks on the road at night. The same for insurance....what insurance... you need insurance ... for what there are never any accidents that are my fault....

Come on what planet are you from???????????????????

Bob K

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Okay... I'll ask the obvious question. Why the hell would you ever dream of riding without a helmet? Whether or not someone compels you to is irrelevant.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I found that my last visit they were extremely vigilant with helmets...I saw more locals wearing helmets than ever. Baseball helmets, skateboarding helmets, bauer hockey helmets..if it protects your head they'll wear it to avoid the ticket. Your wife and unborn child won't benefit much from a cracked skull and your mangled body lying on the autopista del Este. I'm not saying I've never rode without a helmet..I'm saying it wouldn't be a shock if I got pinned for it. i wouldn't wonder why, that's for sure.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I have not met anyone raised by wolves lately so in order to clarify, you are complaining that the PN stopped you as you were riding on a pasola with your six month pregnant wife without a helmet while carrying packages of food and medicine? And then the PN let you off with a warning?

"Life is tough but it is even tougher when you are stupid"

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
"Life is tough but it is even tougher when you are stupid"

I thought it was the other way around
Manu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The law says you have to have a helmet on at all times, you idiot.!!! You were lucky. The AMET will just put your pasola on the back of a truck and you can pick it up when you have the helmet, show proof of insurance and pay the fine....
Oh why do we even bother: Freddy Beras said it best: "The most important part of a Dominican motorist's body is his elbow, 'cause that's where they wear their helmets!!!""

Sheesh!!! An you wonder why 70% of accident deaths are on motorcycles??? "Life is tough but it is even tougher when you are stupid"

I'll buy that one!!

HB