Men Should Not Cry

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
This is difficult to answer, giving that it is so easy to replace a partner in the DR.

Aside from the crying over a lost love, the machismo inherent in the culture is what causes men to lose control and hurt their partners, but I believe that's because of a moment of lost pride and ego more than hurt emotions.

How many times have we seen a guy go crazy when he finds out his lover has been unfaithful all the while the man has lovers all over town?

That speaks to a broader dynamic that's more difficult to pin down.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I always thought they didn't cry (at least in public) because that s what Bachata was for, LOL :)

I want to add that a successful sanky knows how to cry though (seen from my own eyes at POP airport)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dominican men dont cry easily, dont express their feelings easily, that's been my experience. I think its beautiful for a man to be able to cry if he wants to and to show his emotions and express his feelings, not many man can do that.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Crying+man1+%282%29.jpg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When my wife's cousin let his 15 and 17 year old daughters come to Canada he cried when they left and he cried when they came back.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
This is difficult to answer, giving that it is so easy to replace a partner in the DR.

You can replace partners and friends easily there, true enough but it's impossible to replace a best friend or a true love. Loss of either will make any Man show his "feminine" side, Dominican or not.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The Dominican men I know would never cry in front of anyone. They do like the romantic and sad songs. They will talk of being sad. I have been told by more than one Dominican man that they have a hard heart and will not cry. I have never seen one come even close to tears and I have seen some very sad men.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! Hahaha! Aw man, you are a funny woman. What excuse did your boyfriend tell you that he needed to make that face? FunnnnnnnnY!

You can replace partners and friends easily there, true enough but it's impossible to replace a best friend or a true love. Loss of either will make any Man show his "feminine" side, Dominican or not.

Not just that but it is almost impossible to MAKE a best friend. These people could use their own personal Dr. Phil sometimes. BEsides most of the dudes will show their sensitive side with respect to their children....granted they care about their children.

mlbourgeois

Mar 31, 2011
he cried

So after days of talks on what i want with my life what he want's with his life. i told him someone wrote to me about watch out for dominicans after they come here after 2-3 years they might change their mind. the phone went silent. i kept callin his name and no answer. i called him back and call his name, I hear sniffiling i said hey whats wrong. he said keep listening to who ever wants to talk about me. why bother talking to me and he keep crying.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
So after days of talks on what i want with my life what he want's with his life. i told him someone wrote to me about watch out for dominicans after they come here after 2-3 years they might change their mind. the phone went silent. i kept callin his name and no answer. i called him back and call his name, I hear sniffiling i said hey whats wrong. he said keep listening to who ever wants to talk about me. why bother talking to me and he keep crying.

Really, lady? That is the oldest trick in the book. I used the sniffling on the phone trick many times with my ex husband to get something I wanted or make him feel guilty.
You can NOT be that gullible.......

SHALENA

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Really, lady? That is the oldest trick in the book. I used the sniffling on the phone trick many times with my ex husband to get something I wanted or make him feel guilty.
You can NOT be that gullible.......

SHALENA

Word. The dude is trying to make you feel guilty because you are listening to other people. Haha! Dont listen to them, listen to me, only I know the truth about how we feel. Right! Screw him. Just like when they throw "I love you" about like Good morning. And then when he cant get any money out of you, he will say this "Go on, forget about me." Probably with some other nonsense. "You dont care about me". Sister I hear this shznt all day, everyday. When he says this stuff seriously...you have to let him go but let him do it on his own terms and be non-plussed about the whole thing. "Forget about me." Ok, can do. "You dont care about me." No, I care, but not THAT much.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
So after days of talks on what i want with my life what he want's with his life. i told him someone wrote to me about watch out for dominicans after they come here after 2-3 years they might change their mind.

2-3 years?? Try 2-3 months! Unless of course you are letting the money flow like water then of course they may stay a lifetime....
Lady, you are already a lost cause but if you want to know the truth give me his number. Within 2 weeks he won't even remember your name.....I have offered this to several, only one has ever stepped up, she wanted to know. The rest are scared because they already know

SHALENA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i saw miesposo crying after his grandma died. his dad was crying too. and that's about it.
my father, on the other hand, cries when:
polaks win anything in sports and the anthem is played,
his favourite movie is on tv and it gets to the final line (a woman says to a guy "i am not worthy to kiss your wounds" when it turns out he was a hero, not a traitor),
i leave the country after each visit.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010

OMG I think this is the oldest game in the book. If his actions were sincere he would have been like they don't know me and how I feel for you, so let me show you I am not like that. But instead he went the BS route which is play head games. Most men and women for that matter know the best way to get your way in a situation is to cry. And for a man to cry that easily basically for nothing just shows how much bs he is on. If you had of said I am done with you and never call me again then maybe just maybe it would make since. But to cry just because you told him what someone said about Dominican men in general and not necessarily pretaining to him and he starts to cry. He was just trying to make you get off the subject and pull you back in cause he thought he might be losing control of the situation. But hey you are grown. You are going to do and believe what you want all I say is be careful. I could tell you some stories of how the men here play games but I really don't think you want to know or believe should I say the length some will go to to get over. Yeah men play games all over the world but I swear I think they give classes here.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"TEARS, Are The 'FUEL' of Deceit !!!!!"

I made that up!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What guys do in public and private are two different things. Men in most societies aren't taught to express emotions like this in public. I had my heart broken more than once and cried myself to sleep more than I care to remember and I'm sure this is probably the case for many men the world over.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I saw my dad cry one time because he was worried about my mom who was in the hospital at the time. Seeing that kind of shook me. I think for me if the "man" I was speaking with was so called crying (can one be sure, I mean your on the phone) because I told him that people were warning me about "his type", it would be me who would be crying because I would be laughing so hard tears would be rolling down my face. What was he crying about, the prospect of losing you or the fact he now had to go out in the rain to buy another calling card to try this time old trick on one of his many others.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
2-3 years?? Try 2-3 months! Unless of course you are letting the money flow like water then of course they may stay a lifetime....
Lady, you are already a lost cause but if you want to know the truth give me his number. Within 2 weeks he won't even remember your name.....I have offered this to several, only one has ever stepped up, she wanted to know. The rest are scared because they already know

SHALENA

I have been doing some thinking and I think there is only one way to make a productive husband out of a sanky AFTER he has come to your country. It came to me as I was looking at pics of the town my dad is in for his job. He is a psychiatrist in some butthole town in North Dakota or Montana. I think you can only make a useful relationship with a sanky if you lived FAR away from other Dominicans AND there was limited exposure he could have with them. If you were a farmer and you needed the physical help to work on the farm 10 hours a day in a rural area with no La Mega FM or Univision via cable, then you might have a chance. If there were no established transportation centers only the satellite and hub system that Trailways uses he couldnt just pack up and leave you to go to "Partytown USA". But then again he had better be sure he had some physical/personal/romantic interest in the woman because if not and he thinks she is a wildebeest then he will cry. He will say he misses his family back home and the warm sunshine and whatnot.