general advice/places to visit

LuisR?

Dec 22, 2010
Hello.

I am a college student and I got visit from some european friends.

The thing is I am in finals right now, and I cant be there to show them around the country.. I have already made a sort of schedule for them, but i'm running out of ideas mainly because of lack of a clear thing for tourists.

I mean, i want to send them to Punta Cana, but dont know how they would get there, since they dont speak spanish and the only way i know how to get to Punta Cana is Expreso Bavaro, which is not the safest way to travel for a non-spanish speaking tourist. is there any hotel transport service that has some connection with anything in santo domingo?

Any hotel recommendations? They are in their early 20s, and a limited budget. I dont want to send them to a hostel because they wouldnt know a thing about surviving in a dominican town or city, but the all inclusive options seem kind of expensive. anybody know about a reasonably priced alternative?

Thanks for the help,

Luis

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
I wouldn't consider Expreso Bavaro dangerous by any means. My question to you is: why do you have to send them to Bavaro? If you are concerned they cannot fend for themselves, they should visit a town where they can stay in a small hotel, use it as a base, and take excursions. My two top choices would be Las Terrenas and Cabarete.