Jet Blue or AA to STI?

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Hi folks,

I am asking for your expertise again.

The only two viable options to get to STI from my locale are to fly Jet Blue to NYC, then direct to STI

or

fly down to MIA on AA, then direct to STI.

Anyone have any insight on these options? Both schedules are pretty lame.

How long does it take to get through customs on a weekday night (7ish)?

-jabuti

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
avoid Miami if you can, too crowded, too much walking then catching the train.....
construction etc etc
but nice shopping and decent food lol
Manu

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Go Jet Blue, AA sucks. And yes, going through Miami is a hassle.

SHALENA

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
where are you starting from? Because wherever that is you must be in JFK by 6am because the JetBlue and AA flights leave at 6 for direct to Santiago. Delta has a flight at 730 direct. Whatever has you doing layovers must be Spirit to Fort Lauderdale or the AA to San Juan or something after 10am. I dont know.

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
plane brain drain

I'm midway between Miami and NYC. I hate the idea of flying north to go south, but alas...

RacerX - there is also a 2:59 JetBlue NYC - STI. But yes, most of the itineraries out there involve a huge layover or double stop.

Oh well, JetBlue it is. Thanks everyone!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Midway is North Carolina.
If you can take a shuttle from Charlotte or Raleigh to LaGuardia and you can take Spirit. Or to Newark and get Continental.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I'm midway between Miami and NYC. I hate the idea of flying north to go south, but alas...

RacerX - there is also a 2:59 JetBlue NYC - STI. But yes, most of the itineraries out there involve a huge layover or double stop.

Oh well, JetBlue it is. Thanks everyone!

You really avoided some hassle going with JetBlue. Don't worry about the going North then South thing, here in Vegas I had once to take a flight to LAX to head to JFK, it was no biggie.