Paradisus Palma Real

irishrugger68

Apr 14, 2011
I'm looking for tips while I stay at the Paradisus. Looking for the best restraunts, should I travel away from the resort, is the golf course worth it, etc. Any tips anyone has would be awsome. Cheers.

icey

Aug 2, 2004
Paridisius

Hello:

I've stayed at both the Paridisius and Paridisius Palma over the last few years. I found them to be very similiar. Paridisius Palma is a bit nicer I think. If you can swing it ? Spend the extra money to be in the Sanctuary. It's farther from the beach but the suites are beautiful. My wife and I thought the food at both were good. They both also have legitimate gyms and spas which a lot of Punta Cana hotels claim to have, but they're a joke. We thought the casual restaurant at Palma which is located right in the center around the pool area was the best and most consistent for food. The Ceasar salad was terrific as was the fresh fish. This is a big resort and you'll find yourself walking a lot to get to different restaurants, buildings, etc... They have golf carts that scoot around every few minutes if you want to catch a ride. Bring a lot of singles and tip. You'll find that the already good service becomes great service. We only tried the specialty restaurant by the beach. It was basically the same food as the restaurant by the pool. But good nonetheless...I don't play golf but had a friend who did. He played at Cocetel I think. His opinion was that the course was decent but better choices at Casa De Campo. I've stayed at many of the hotels in Punta Cana. This was the best in my opinion. If you're going soon be prepared. It's hot now... If you're planning to go in June ? Don't , it rains a lot during that time... Have a blast !!

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
best restaurants off resort near Paradisius Palma Real (google earth co-ords 18?40'39.85"N 68?24'39.09"W )

JellyFish - beautiful building and location right on the beach, service and food can be either excellent, or not... 8 minute cab ride from PPR or a half mile walk on the beach to the right of PPR. Reservations recommended as they are sometimes shut for private functions. Should provide free taxi back with advanced reservation. Around 60$US per head without wine.
Google Earth co-ords 18?40'21.80"N 68?24'13.41"W
Jellyfish Restaurant | Bavaro, Punta Cana | Restaurant, Bar, Lounge, Weddings, Events

Soles Chill Out Bar (pronounced Sol-ays) face the ocean walk to the left just past the NH Real Resorts. The food there is ok, more of a place to chill and take a drink.
Facebook: Soles Bar - Bavaro | Facebook
google earth co-ords 18?40'59.00"N 68?24'46.45"W

Balicana - small Asian/Thai fusion restaurant - consistently good food and great service, very reasonably priced, laid back ambiance, located inside the area known as Los Corales (next to "la piscina de los corales") 5 minute cab ride from PPR
or a half mile walk - go behind Soles and through the El Pirata gift shop tunnel, turn right, then left, then left again ask the guard at the security barrier for Balicana restaurant.
Open: 12pm ? 3pm / 7pm ? 11pm Closed on Sundays. Reservations recommended for evening dining: Tel: 829 898 4479
Google Earth co-ords 18?40'53.97"N 68?24'49.47"W
Facebook: BALICANA | Facebook

Acqua Beach Club - good, inexpensive nosh and drinks, bbqs on Sundays, laid back, casual beach dining. 0.75 miles on the beach to the right of PPR in front of Plaza Bibijagua (gift shops).

have fun exploring Punta Cana :)