Bank loans

N

N. Gomez

I want to retire to the DR and thus I need to get a bank that do business within the US. Such as a loan for purchase of private and business property. I have a business property and may need to borrow to build on it. What can you tell me? Thanks!

G

Grahame Bush

I can tell you it will cost you an arm AND a leg (plus possibly another couple of limbs). Interest rates for borrowing from banks start at about 24% but that does not include the commission element which is charged 'up front' & is added on to the loan value!! Have you got security to offer the bank that is worth twice the value of the money you might want to borrow?? Have you got a permanent address down here & Residencia? Without these, you may have one heck of a problem borrowing down here.

Your best bet is to borrow against property/guarantees you can offer in the States! If you can't do it from there, it is MOST unlikely you will be able to borrow down here. Drop me an e-mail telling me the 'why's & wherefores' & I'll see what other pertinent information I can find out for you. Grahame ^_^

H

Henry

Thats exactly the way to do it - you lend the money overseas and bring it here! In the DR the average lending with real estate costs about 35 %! And this you can get, when you have a title on your name! Otherwise it is very dificult to get something over here! Forget the privat institutions others than banks, they just ripp u' off!

Henry