Cable TV vs. Satelite TV in Bavaro. Pros and cons please

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Wondering which option I should choose, Cable or Satelite, taking into account will be in Bavaro area.
Any help? Which pros and cons for each one?
Could you give me some details about each option? (number of channels, quality of image, price ...)

Thanks again!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Wondering which option I should choose, Cable or Satelite, taking into account will be in Bavaro area.
Any help? Which pros and cons for each one?
Could you give me some details about each option? (number of channels, quality of image, price ...)

Thanks again!

We have Silver Cable in Bavaro...cost per month is US$23 and we have over 40 channels, the clarity is great, and a variety of english, spanish, french and german channels....my experiences with Satelite have not been good over the years, storm comes in and you lose everything.....

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I had SKY and found them overpriced and you can't get the US Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox). I finally cancelled the service and now download all my TV shows online and view them on my Apple TV.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro has a plan that costs 3480rd per month, all taxes included. You get Cable with about 100 channels, internet (both wireless and hard line), and a phone. They have ABC, CBS, and NBC. The picture is very good. But a lot of the channels are in Spanish. The internet is 1.5 down a 386 up, but it works faster than that. You can pay less for a slower internet.

You can also pay more for HBO, etc. They have a brochure at the office in Veron.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I like it.

From what I hear :knockedou one can get about 450 channels* off a private server for less than 100$/year...
Needed: a dish 6-ft, an FTA-receiver, internet connection (need not be a fast one), a clear view to the west...
donP

*)
I have the channel list.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks heaps for your replies guys!
Having many Spanish channels is not a problem, I am from Barcelona! ;)
But good to have some English, good ones, for sure. I dont want to lose my English language skills, so better to watch TV in English too.
Cheers!

Feb 7, 2007
Setup costs for satellite TV are about 15.000 pesos among the dishes, receiver, LNBs, installation, and you pay 2.000 pesos per year for programming, this is for the "private server" system. you can check the channel list at ftazeta (dot) com
and buy the programming from iksprivateserver (dot) com

They also have some Portuguese (Brazilian) channels, plus many Spanish channels (Dish Latino programming) plus all English channels (Dish English programming), plus tons of sport networks, and even 6 XXX channels, all included in the private server programming fee of 2.000 pesos per year.

spmanger

Aug 7, 2013
Silver Cable details please

We have Silver Cable in Bavaro...cost per month is US$23 and we have over 40 channels, the clarity is great, and a variety of english, spanish, french and german channels....my experiences with Satelite have not been good over the years, storm comes in and you lose everything.....

Hi, just read your older post about Silver Cable, do you receive the major networks ABC, CBS, and NBC? You
mentioned German channels also, which ones?

I can't find any channel line up on the web about Silver Cable.

Thanks