CANADIAN IN DR JAIL, NEEDS HELP. . SOS!

B

bb

Everyone needs to read Canadian in Dominican Republic jail. Please! You have to scroll down quite a bit but you will find tons on this issue.

H

hillbilly

Been there, done that, but don't forget

He was playing with some stuff every adult on this board has warned against.
His sister has informed us that his trial is "set" for a certain date. Want to bet it is re-scheduled again?
I feel sorry for the guy, but .....

Hey, after all he does have some friends bringing him food and stuff, which is a lot more than many foreigners ever get.

And be thankful he wasn't caught in Malaysia or Singapore!!

HB

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Canadian in Jail - not a typical drug case

It should be noted, according to Meliissa, this is not a typical case of a drug user getting caught with drugs in the Dominican Republic.

This man was simply changing planes, making a flight connection in the DR on route from Venezuela to Spain. The moment he stepped off the plane, officials grabbed him and immediately ripped open the soles of his shoes where they found cocaine. Obviously, officials were expecting him and had been informed that he was carrying in his shoe soles.

This reeks of a complete setup, reminiscent of the movie "Brokedown Palace", where two young girls are dupped into transporting drugs from Thailand to Hong Kong. They are immediately arrested. The whole thing, a setup. Scapegoats so that the real courriers can operate and the police can show they are doing their job.

H

hillbilly

So he did have cocaine? He's screwed!

Duped or not, the guy knew what he was carrying, even if he was in the Transit Lounge. Must be dumber than an anvil!

I guess he "just happened to meet" these guys in Venezuela. I mean, he was just minding his business and these very nice people came up to him and offered him say $1000 to use these shoes to go to Spain? Give me a break!

No excuse! Sorry Jim, they guy did it....feel sorry for the family...

HB

A

Aftab

Please give more detail of this drug case.

I didn't know that he was carrying cocaine from venezuela to spain. All I was told that he was caught with drugs.. i assumed that he was on vacation here and may have been caught with some marijuana.
However, my perception is totally changed for this case. I was told that the family is poor and unable to take care of him in the jail. Apparently, this kid was not doing so bad, i mean, traveling from venezuela to spain? I work hard for my money and I am dying to take a trip out of this country to anywhere but the bad economy has caused my dreams to be put on ice for sometimes.
Anyway, I am not sure anymore if it was setup or not, in any case, this looks like he was a drug courier and he knew what he was doing.
But please help me undestand his case better, I need more details. I feel sorry for the family and I am still willing to help them.

S

sister

Re: Please give more detail of this drug case.

More detail's. . . . The people that arranged for my brother to go payed his whole trip. My brother wanted to back out at the last miniute but was threatned with his life, he was afraid, so he went, he didn't even know the other Canadian citizen that was with him. The man who set up the whole operation is some "rich" old guy with a lot of money power. I belive that my brother was set up along with the other Canadian and a lot more drugs got though. As for his court date, it has already been set back 2 times, hopefully this is the real one. If anyone has work in the DR please contact me. Thanks, Melissa

R

Rob

Re: Please give more detail of this drug case.

Dr. Fabio Guzman did my residency papers and I am very satisfied with his services. You should call him, he will tell you what is necessary. Goodluck.

J

Jesus

Re: Drugs

Ok I understand is the other Canadian in Jail also or just your brother this rich man should be there along with him and also he should be the one paying all the bills ad also sending him money for food and everything else