Marriage Fraud - Message for Dr. Guzman

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnuffidog

Sep 2, 2003
I married a Dominican man in Imbert, DR in 2004. He pretended that he loved me and everything was fine and in order until he came to Canada. He brought his daughter too, which he told me right from the beginning, was abandoned by her mother and that he was looking after her. As soon as he came to Canada, the relationship froze. He said that he was not motivated anymore, that he had to start working right away and send all his money to the DR because he owed a lot of money there. As well, he went on holidays at least 3 to 4 times a year and did not come back when he said he would. He always phoned and begged for money, pretended to be hospitalized, but could never produce receipts. He never participated in paying the bills or the mortgage for the house we live in nor does he give me money to look after his daughter. As soon as he was here, he started calling the mother of his daughter on a daily base and even though I told him, that I do not like that, he kept on doing it and told me that he will phone her until the end of his life. Just recently I found out, that he had another child with the same lady and that this boy is already 3 years old, that he lives with her all the time when he goes down there and that she is the one receiving all his money. Apparently they also have a house together which is under renovations right now. I have received a birth certificate from that boy stating that my husband declared to be the father. The timing is right as he was there when the boy was conceived and also when the certificate was taken out. He is denying that he is the father, but the lady tells everybody that he is and that my husband is her husband. He also told me now, that he told me about the abandonment of his daughter to make me feel better. For me, this is fraud as well as adultery and all he is doing is taking advantage of my assets with no contribution and me providing for his kid. Is there anything that I can do to get this marriage annulled? Can it be done in the DR or do I have to do this in Canada. What do I need to do? Please help me. Thank you

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I an sorry that you are going through this. This happens to a lot of women. My son's father's ex-wife (make sense of that!) Is one of those victims. Although he told me he was separated and getting a divorce, he was still with her in order to get to the US, which is why he never brought up the VISA conversation with me. When she found out I was pregnant, he denied it to her until he got to the states. After he got his papers here (2 months I think) he left her and came to live with me.
She was devastated as I'm sure you are as they had been married 8 years.
Nothing you can do but divorce him. Is he still in Canada? Can't you go to immigration and let them know? I'm sure they've heard this before.
I'm kind of on the other side but hey, advice is advice.
Something else ended my relationship with my son's father but I had that a$$hole out of my country within 3 days and he's too scared to come back, I hope that you find a solution and again I am sorry that this happened to you

SHALENA

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Important Question

I am a Canadian woman and married to a Dominican man. Can anybody please give me information on what is involved to become a Dominican citizen.

Have you already become a Dominican citizen?

donP

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
It seems that you need a divorce not an annulment. There are specific grounds for having a marriage annulled. Him cheating and lying are not grounds. Stop fighting it, you made a huge mistake. Divorce the loser, learn from your mistake and get on with your life.

IF he was in fact married and not divorced when he married you is definately grounds. But that does not appear to be your case. If he lived with her (not married) and then married you it is not illegal or likely ground to annul. IF this was the case most actual marriages here could be annulled.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I know it is easier said than done. Men can be cruel especially if they think they can fool you. We can give you all the advice in the world but the bottom line is you. I do not like to comment much on relationships. But I will say this, one lie turns into another than another until you realize nothing you thought was the truth was. All just a lie at your expense. I like to believe in "what goes around comes around".

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
It actually seems like you'd have more of grounds for immigration fraud. The proof for immigration fraud and that for annulment seem to be different.

It is a crime for foreign nationals to marry Canadian citizens or permanent residents only to gain entry into Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is working to prevent these fraudulent marriages.

I'd ask them if they care enough to pursue it. (And I'm guessing they care more about larger conspiracy to commit fraud than individual cases.)

Also consider how any action you take now may effect your child later. As painful as it is right now, your best revenge is moving on with your life and living well.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
there ya go

cut off the money

file criminal charges

have copy of the criminal charges notarized and fed exed down here to his wife through an attorney....

then have the locks changed

then give his clothes

to
the
Salvation
Army

Open up that bottle of Wine

Put yer feet up Darlin!

you is FREEEEEEEEE

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I have to say reading this thread makes my blood boil.

#1 - The minute your husband arrived in Canada and told you he wasn't interested in the relationship, didn't share in expenses, called his baby mama everyday you should have known he used you ONLY for the visa and reported him to Border Services and got him out of your house. The minute he didn't return home on time from trips and gave the all too common I'm in the hospital scam to get more money you should have divorced him and certainly should have stopped sending money.

#2 - You can't report immigration fraud 6 years after the fact and expect anyone will investigate. At this point you need to file for divorce and settle up and move on freely.

#3 - This is how you report immigration fraud in Canada....it is upto the government to decide whether to investigate or not.

Criminal Investigations - To Report Border-Related Criminal Activity

Finally I want to say.....

Women need to WAKE UP and GET EDUCATED.

Know who you are marrying before you get married. Have a good understanding of Dominican culture and know how to identify a scam when it presents itself. These men pray on women being naive.

Fully understand what it means to sign a contract with the Canadian Government to be responsible for your spouse and their children from previous relationships. (YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF IT 99% OF THE TIME)

Have enough confidence in yourself to get rid of the loser when you find out the truth. Don't be a bank machine for a leech.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I an sorry that you are going through this. This happens to a lot of women. My son's father's ex-wife (make sense of that!) Is one of those victims. Although he told me he was separated and getting a divorce, he was still with her in order to get to the US, which is why he never brought up the VISA conversation with me. When she found out I was pregnant, he denied it to her until he got to the states. After he got his papers here (2 months I think) he left her and came to live with me. SHALENA

Shalena, What reason did your boyfriend give you to explain how he was getting a visa to the US? You said 2 months after he arrived in the US he left her and came to live with you. How did he explain himself for those 2 months or were you aware of everything by that time?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
LISTEN

ALL that you have to do is to have the copy of COMPLAINT that you file with police APOSTILLED with lots of notaries

then translated into Spanish

Then delivered here in the DR

via an attorney

this man

will never contact the OP

again

ever

best she never marries again..

then she will be protected from herself and her obvious lack of the needed self protective mechanisms to be safe swimming with the Great Sharks

Now she will be Visa Ineligible

and since many men marry not for themselves but to give citizenship to their children..

one must judge them with humor

they do, indeed, try to be the best gigilos in the hemispere..

and certainly they are better at it than most!!!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is pretty much the same in the US. It is VERY difficult to get US immigration to start removal proceedings after a period of time. They will take the report and that is about it. I had a friend who had a terrible marriage pretty much for the same reasons as the OP. My friend had plenty of actual proof of fraud however the US did nothing. Actually they made my friend feel like she was the one who was in the wrong. Marriage fraud unless discovered at the time of your submission of your application or at the interview is pretty much low on their list. At least that is what they told her. So what did she do, file for divorce, take his name off everything she could, change the locks, sold his stuff (she used the money to go on a cruise) and moved on. The only thing that worries her now is the contract of support she has with the US for his residency. I know that they did have her file some form stating that she no longer wished to be his sponsor. I always tell everyone I know that even thinks about doing this to remember that contract you sign with the government is for life (in the US the only thing that will release you from it is death for one of you or if the person decides to apply for US citizenship). People who do this to someone have no values or morals. They are the lowest form of scum there is.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Shalena, What reason did your boyfriend give you to explain how he was getting a visa to the US? You said 2 months after he arrived in the US he left her and came to live with you. How did he explain himself for those 2 months or were you aware of everything by that time?
from point 1 he stated to me that he was not interested in getting into the United States. I told him quickly at the beginning of the relationship that I was not sponsoring anybody and he stressed the fact that he had no interest in leaving his beautiful country. HA!
I knew that he was married, believed that he was in the "process" of divorce and legally separated which is what he told me, and she was never there (in DR), so hey...you believe what you want to believe. She got my number in Santiago and called me and insulted me but he kept stating that she was crazy and for me to stop picking up the phone. His sister would answer my phone sometimes and tell her "Dejala en paz, co?o!!" so....I continued to believe him
When I moved back to the States, after about 3 months, the plan was to have my son and move back. I guess that she then took a trip there to DR because that is when acquaintances of mine called to state that they had seen him with her. So I broke it off with him and told him to not contact me until he had divorce papers in his hand for me to see for myself. He continued to call, and I continued to hang up.
He finally told me what was going, that he had married her to get a VISA and that he was very close to getting it, and all of the "Te amo, te adoro, no me dejes" crap.He does architecture and studying engineering and wanted to work in the states for at least 5 years so that he can go back to DR and work from there. "What can I do for my son here?" he asked me and "Yo se lo que yo hago" was his favorite line. So me, being pregnant and all, just figured, hey...ok. I told him that if he got to the states he had until the day after he got his papers to leave her or he was not to speak to me again unless it was regarding his son. He denied my son to her until he arrived in the states. Then he told her and was basically like the OP's husband was and she had to take it or leave it. She found my number in his phone and called me and insulted me but as you have seen here on the board, I can hold my own in confrontations. I was EVIL to this woman, I hit her where it hurt....the fact that she was infertile and had been trying to have a baby for 5 years, the fact that her husband was leaving her for a Morena, etc. She still at the time believed that he loved her, she only saw what she wanted to see. By this time, it was so much drama, I didn't even care, but I wanted to prove a point to her.
When his papers arrived he called me and gave me the address of where they lived, I GPSed it and made the trip. We packed up all of his stuff while she was at work and left (Not without me leaving a nice note behind on her bed - "Shalena was here y me llevo lo que es mio....chupatelo"
And he left.....and that's what happened.
He used her for 8 years waiting patiently, he got his VISA, and he left.................
That's what they do.
I might still be with him if his other little "chick" didn't start calling my phone, but that's another story.
Even though I am told by family that he loved me and cared for me....in my heart I think that I was plan #2. I think that he was getting sick of the waiting with her and "para asegurarse" of the VISA, got with me.....because even though I told him that I wasn't sponsoring anyone, I think he had a time frame and thought he could wear me down eventually, especially with my son and all

SHALENA

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
People who do this to someone have no values or morals. They are the lowest form of scum there is.

And even though I made that woman's life a living hell, I agree.
I used to ask him, how can you sleep with someone, marry them, and pretend that you love them when you don't?
His answer was that I did not understand because I was born American..........

SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When his papers arrived he called me and gave me the address of where they lived, I GPSed it and made the trip. We packed up all of his stuff while she was at work and left (Not without me leaving a nice note behind on her bed - "Shalena was here y me llevo lo que es mio....chupatelo"
And he left.....and that's what happened.
He used her for 8 years waiting patiently, he got his VISA, and he left.................
That's what they do.
SHALENA

Just kind of thinking out loud here but why do women fight over a loser like he's some kind of big prize? Is it to prove that he "loves me more than you" ? She is a big victim too in all this. There's no prize here he used who he could and now his family tells you that he really loved you because it's in their interest due to the fact that he has a US citizen for a son that they think will benefit them all. Not a bash on you just an observation

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Just kind of thinking out loud here but why do women fight over a loser like he's some kind of big prize? Is it to prove that he "loves me more than you" ? She is a big victim too in all this. There's no prize here he used who he could and now his family tells you that he really loved you because it's in their interest due to the fact that he has a US citizen for a son that they think will benefit them all. Not a bash on you just an observation

Exactly, and yes, by the time I was 6 months pregnant I just did it to prove to her that a black woman could take her husband because most of her insults were directed at the fact that I was black.
I got pleasure in insulting her, especially the fact that she could not have kids and when he left her it was the highlight of my year. His sister called me and we laughed about her calling his sister that day and going off!!! I left my note for that effect.
I just wanted to win and in the short term I did, but long term no one did.
I have cut off all communication with his family and his sister was a very good friend of mine and I do miss her,as I spent more time with her than I even did him. the last time I spoke to her she cried and told me "No es la culpa mia lo que te hizo mi hermano" but i have to cut off that communication to teach them all a lesson. Period.
I have not spoken to any of them since Victor was 5 months old
If my son decides to assist him, so be it, but that will be a long time coming

SHALENA

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

he must have been great in the sack

many men are not

well.. the majority of the ones that I have had

and that has been more than my share

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
he must have been great in the sack

many men are not

well.. the majority of the ones that I have had

and that has been more than my share

If you've been here long enough you've read my comments on that. It's not what is between their legs but it's what they are able to do to your most erotic organ which is located between our ears. ;)

BS baffles brains!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Low Motives in All

I got pleasure in insulting her, especially the fact that she could not have kids and when he left her it was the highlight of my year. His sister called me and we laughed about her calling his sister that day and going off!!! I left my note for that effect.
I just wanted to win and in the short term I did, but long term no one did.

:tired: :tired: :tired:

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.