Travel advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeannimal

Apr 9, 2011
What are you going for, vacation or ???

I'm actually meeting up with some old friends who will be vacationing from Europe. I will meet them part way through their stay and then end the week on my own. I could do a weekend thing but it seems far to go just for a couple days so I want to finish off my week there....just want to be sure it's a safe option...travel there alone, time there alone etc.....

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Ok, I have been to Puerto Plata alone before. 1. Dress appropriately, where are you staying? Veer on the conservative. 2. Exercise caution in handling money. 3. Practice your Spanish and be courteous. 4. Street smarts, really can't be taught, but use whatever you have.

leeannimal

Apr 9, 2011
Ok, I have been to Puerto Plata alone before. 1. Dress appropriately, where are you staying? Veer on the conservative. 2. Exercise caution in handling money. 3. Practice your Spanish and be courteous. 4. Street smarts, really can't be taught, but use whatever you have.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

So far the only sensible advice I read here. It is safe here, if you use common sense, courtesy and street smarts...

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
So far the only sensible advice I read here. It is safe here, if you use common sense, courtesy and street smarts...

True, have fun and don't fall in love with the resort animation crew member, his Grandma is not sick and does not need money. LOL This is the Sankey answer.

It is safe and you can have a great time. At night go out with others if you can when you go to local spots. Daytime is beach or tour time and you will be fine.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
just be your self i go and walk any were i want out there just come out with 500 pasos im from new york i seen worst in ny. dr is like a nice community for me

Status
Not open for further replies.