Is a bathroom tissue wholesaler business a good idea in dr

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
Hi,

I`AM LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE & CHEAP BUSINESS THAT I CAN OPEN IN D.R WITH LOCAL SUPPLIERS & WOUNDER IF IT WILL BE A GOOD OPTION OR CHOICE TO OPEN A BATHROOM TISSUE WHOLESALER BUSINESS.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Kimberly Clark Int. sells "Scott" paper products here,including "Bathroom Tissue","Toilet Paper",or the "Stuff" you use to wipe your A$$!
My sister-in-law works for them.They are really taking over the "Paper Products" market here.

CC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Your potential clients already have suppliers. Why should they switch to you, an unknown?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Next to a bar in Sosua or Cabarete, it's a GREAT idea! Well, not as good as a chain of motoconchos or a internet cafe or a colmado, but a winner.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Supermarket chains buy directly from converters or producers like Industrias Nigua, Editora de Formas, KC, and dont need a wholeseller. Colmados buy from Almacenes, won't be easy to compete against them. Only if you have a source of good quality with a very competitive price you might be able to sell something, but it will take long to have enough volume to have a good income out of it.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Kimberly Clark Int. sells "Scott" paper products here,including "Bathroom Tissue","Toilet Paper",or the "Stuff" you use to wipe your A$$!
My sister-in-law works for them.They are really taking over the "Paper Products" market here.

CC

What does your cu?ada do there, if I can know?

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
that is true mauricio & also think that the locals can just walk in & buy directly from the manufactures if they want , they probley have a retail store in the company.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I don't know what she does,but she has a FANTASTIC BOD! THAT,always helps! She is fluent in English.She goes to Puerto Rico,and New Jersey to their conventions.Also Punta Cana a lot.Maybe she sleeps with a manager? THAT,always helps even more!
She is single,morena,and 29 years old.Has a university degree,and a car.Anyone interested?

CC

Last edited:

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Don't you think it is time you stopped asking all of us to give you free advice and free ideas??? Bloody hell get your ass down here and figure it out for yourself. WE all put in the years, the hours and the money to learn how things are. You don't seem to be willing to do that. There is NO FREE RIDE.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
DMV makes a (straightforward) point.

In order to understand the country and what business will work here, you'll need to come here and do the legwork instead of relying on this forum. There are many niches not being filled, but only by living here and finding what isn't being provided will you discover those needs.

This forum will be very good in helping you establish the business inasmuch as providing helpful insights into paperwork and the maze that is the Dominican government.

And as any business person can tell you, unless you resort to illegal activities or get an incredibly lucky once-in-a-million break, a new business venture takes a lot of sweat equity.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I don't know what she does,but she has a FANTASTIC BOD! THAT,always helps! She is fluent in English.She goes to Puerto Rico,and New Jersey to their conventions.Also Punta Cana a lot.Maybe she sleeps with a manager? THAT,always helps even more!
She is single,morena,and 29 years old.Has a university degree,and a car.Anyone interested?

CC

haha!

Well, if she would have been purchasing manager I would have liked to talk to her, but only to sell tissue jumbo rolls, though I suppose KC gets sourced by a KC Mill in South America

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Think about it, people need it every day, it won't perish...I think it's a terrific business for those who entered the market at the right moment.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Now if some body would come up with the idea of giving some free toilet buckets WITH lid together with lets say a big order of toilet paper...there is your niche maybe ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cotton buds, ear buds etc. Dominicans love to keep their kids ears clean. Decent quality ones are not cheap here.

I had a friend that came across half a container load and sold them in a week. He had problems trying to source more, so eventually gave up.

He sold them based on word of mouth. Dominicans love to talk and his prices spread like wildfire.

If you can find a good source and know the market here, I would take a look at this business.