Noise !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Wow they are stopping the veggie guys from hawking thier products (that many of us buy) but doing nothing about the cars and pickups and other vehicles that ply the roads with music at a decible level just below that of a jet engine.
Wow!

Bob K

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sos?a-News

anyone notice a difference ?
Haven't notice any difference.
Who is going to enforce the law? Amet don't work after 6PM, PN are nowhere to be found and Politur are busy chasing hookers.
One again, her dumness in not addressing the real problem. (The moto conchos, the blaring car/truck music)

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The government will be the first to break this law with the upcoming election. They are the worse for noise pollution. I really don't mind the vendors selling their products, it's part of a third world country.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
The government will be the first to break this law with the upcoming election. They are the worse for noise pollution. I really don't mind the vendors selling their products, it's part of a third world country.

Hah! If you can't stand the noise of a 3rd world country town like Sosua, go to Punta Cana -- foreign tourist person -- where you belong....:eek:

Background noise is part of the charm of the DR in my opinion...

to the mayoress of Sosua: Stop this campaign to sanitize and sterilize Sosua's image for the imagined future tourist.....if I wanted a "lollipops and kool aid" vacation I'd go to $%#@!* Punta Cana......:mad:

Jan 17, 2009

Aah, but you don't live here and deal with it day in and day out. We live in a hotel area in Cabarete. It's not Sosua, but the noise is the same and quite annoying. We have to put up with the loud speakers of those trucks trying to buy scrap metal "chatarra". They're trying to make a buck, fine with that, but they could do it in a way that doesn't disturb tourists and residents.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Platanos platanos beherina lechuga yucca. Platanos platanos ........
I love the sound. It beats the heck out of the early morning cockadoodle doo0 .......
The mayor needs to legislate the roosters, they are the only ones she understands.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Aah, but you don't live here and deal with it day in and day out. We live in a hotel area in Cabarete. It's not Sosua, but the noise is the same and quite annoying. We have to put up with the loud speakers of those trucks trying to buy scrap metal "chatarra". They're trying to make a buck, fine with that, but they could do it in a way that doesn't disturb tourists and residents.

Its all about choice, I used to live for twelve years in a street that was a passage for fire trucks but that was my choice because I liked the neighborhood and the house. My house was situated at the end of that street at the intersection so although rules said that between 11pm and 6 am they could not honk their horn, they sure had to do that at an intersection to avoid any accident.

Jan 17, 2009
Acira, it's about choice if you know that you'll have so much background noise before you purchase your property. After that, you're stuck with it.

Even tourists, I don't see how staying in hotels in our area (you have about six in a two block radius), could be happy with the loudspeakers running along the main street. I can't imagine that's the type of noise that anyone would appreciate as a wake-up call in the early morning.

I would certainly welcome a similar measure in Cabarete.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Platanos platanos beherina lechuga yucca. Platanos platanos ........
I love the sound. It beats the heck out of the early morning cockadoodle doo0 .......
The mayor needs to legislate the roosters, they are the only ones she understands.

Roosters = Thank God for Foam Earplugs!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who do not know, roosters don't crow at the crack of dawn they'll start as early as 2 or 3 a.m. -- them dirty birds!!!!!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
She should outlaw car alarms that are set off by thunder and Harleys. What's the sense of having one when all cars have them anyway???? Worse than any damn street vendor around.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Acira, it's about choice if you know that you'll have so much background noise before you purchase your property. After that, you're stuck with it.

Even tourists, I don't see how staying in hotels in our area (you have about six in a two block radius), could be happy with the loudspeakers running along the main street. I can't imagine that's the type of noise that anyone would appreciate as a wake-up call in the early morning.

I would certainly welcome a similar measure in Cabarete.

But the question is, did you know that when you purchased your property?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Roosters = Thank God for Foam Earplugs!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who do not know, roosters don't crow at the crack of dawn they'll start as early as 2 or 3 a.m. -- them dirty birds!!!!!

Our neighbors roosters start at 10pm in the evening and it last about half an hour, maybe something wrong with their time clock or probably not much competition in the neighborhood.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Our neighbors roosters start at 10pm in the evening and it last about half an hour, maybe something wrong with their time clock or probably not much competition in the neighborhood.

I'm past the earplugs. The neighbors roosters go all night long. I use rum to dull the sounds.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Trying to calm Sosua down is the absolute wrong direction, it is a tourist resort, they should be fighting for all night open hours not crying about the odd car blasting terrible distorted $hite out of the windows down pedros clit. This is rediculous. Europeans find it very strange that they come here and everything closes down by 12 or at best 2, occasionally 4, hell in Europe everywhere stys open until people want to go home, then everyone is happy, people don't go on vacation to be in bed by 2am lol, $hit man, where is the logic in anything going on.
Please hand me the key to Sosua and I'll have the place jumping and everyone of its residents rolling in money within the end of the year. Not frinkin hard, the potential for Sosua is just endless, probably the best town in the country not THAT long ago, reduced to this kind of pathetic BS.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Charm of Sos?a Noise

Hah! If you can't stand the noise of a 3rd world country town like Sosua, go to Punta Cana -- foreign tourist person -- where you belong....:eek:

What bugs me about the conchos is that they'll sit outside my hotel and start whistling non-stop at 8:00 a.m. in the morning.

Get some foam earplugs, it's about the only way I can sleep in the morning because of all the roosters crowing and the motoconchos making noise.......

Sensitive to noise?
.... and you do not even live here.

:laugh:

donP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.