The Restaurants In Sousa Will Get My Business IF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I will start this as a survey and anyone who's interested can add their sugestions!

I Will Go First :

The restaurants in Sousa will get my business if they can serve veal picatta with a lemon / caper butter sauce.

I will Go Second:

The restaurants in Sosua will get my business when they serve Nathan's Hot Dog's.

I will be the third person and will treat anyone that brings this call to action within the next 30 days to make this happen.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Why come to the Caribbean and demand European/North American food? Am I missing something here???

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Why come to the Caribbean and demand European/North American food? Am I missing something here???

Because Dominican nosh is nasty. I miss good crunchy salads and light energizing meals, good gravy, spicy hot tangy food. I know some do but I don't appreciate the food here, just not to my liking.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Because Dominican nosh is nasty. I miss good crunchy salads and light energizing meals, good gravy, spicy hot tangy food. I know some do but I don't appreciate the food here, just not to my liking.

There are many restaurants that serve exactly what you want.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I looooove Dominican food but come on, we eat it everyday. I would've paid top dollar in Santiago for a Quizno's or Jersey Mike's sub.
Those Dominicans have no idea what a sandwich is.....

SHALENA

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
You can get quiznos in Santo Domingo, Nathans franks are available at the Santo Domingo Airport. You can buy them at Omaha Steaks. When I go to the states I bring back Sabrett Onions, NY sour pickles, sourkraut, Natrhans mustard etc. When I have a BBQ it is a real BBQ. Also, in the capital you can find Nello's italian butcher shop, where, on special order, you can order NY style sweet sasages with cheese and parsley.
The north coast is not as citified as the capital.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Mike I sounds like a New Yorker. I was born and raised in Coney Island and cannot survive without my Nathans. I even bring back 5-6 packs of their dogs when I go to Florida, and I have taught my cook how to make fries the Nathans way. If you get to the capital, you can have a good veal piccata made for you at sapores de italia, and a great filet at David Crockett.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Thank God, there's no Mc Donald or Pizza Hut in Sosua. I want a carrabean holliday. I like Dominican food, cheap and nice....

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
You can get quiznos in Santo Domingo, Nathans franks are available at the Santo Domingo Airport. You can buy them at Omaha Steaks. When I go to the states I bring back Sabrett Onions, NY sour pickles, sourkraut, Natrhans mustard etc. When I have a BBQ it is a real BBQ. Also, in the capital you can find Nello's italian butcher shop, where, on special order, you can order NY style sweet sasages with cheese and parsley.
The north coast is not as citified as the capital.

Whens the next BBQ I'll plan my vacation and try to smuggle in the Sabertt hot dogs.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
There are many restaurants that serve exactly what you want.
The waitress spoke no english. I ordered a steak sandwich with only onions. I asked for "Sandwich de filete con s?lo cebollas'. I was very proud of myself for mastering the language, I thought. I got what I ordered, an onion sandwich, no steak.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
The waitress spoke no english. I ordered a steak sandwich with only onions. I asked for "Sandwich de filete con s?lo cebollas'. I was very proud of myself for mastering the language, I thought. I got what I ordered, an onion sandwich, no steak.

That is too funny!!

SHALENA

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Sounds like an old cook of mine..As a joke I asked her for scrambled onions with chopped eggs. I found her staring at the onions trying to figure out how to scramble them. Another time my wife gave her an hourglass style timer for 3 minute eggs so she could boil them properly, and she put the timer into the water with the eggs.. PS..Sabrett Franks are great if you are boilng them, not for BBQ..use Nathans or Hebrew National for BBQ

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
I'll eat anything at any restaurant so long a they have a lady friendly bathroom - ie. not an outhouse that cattle urinate in. :(

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
wooh ! not so fast, I recently read a review of hot dogs ( franks) in Cooking Light magazine and they claim eating Nathans franks is kin to a death wish. but to each his own, I'm careful with what I eat and a heavy smoker, go figure right ? lol

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Food around Dominican Rep is generally a poor imitation of traditional fair such as Mex, Thai etc No big surprise. However there are plenty of places that provide delicious mels. Fresh Fish is great there

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
While I think that a lot of people would like to have more imported food choices in restaurants, I doubt that customers would be willing to pay the cost differential that the restaurant owners have to pay to provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.