Casa Lily & Coco motel

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Just booked a nite there in LasTerrenas in sept. very inexpensive says they got air cond thats all I need and a shower.Anyone experience a nite there?

Goodguy

May 13, 2011
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Passed it this morning and it looked derelict, very shabby and over run. Saying that I could not be certain that the place is closed. It could be very beautiful behind the shabby exterior. The owners need to make an effort with out side, also not too sure if there was a For Sale sign up as well. If it is closed I suggest that you continue about 1km further on to Playa Bonita where you will find a range of small beautiful hotels, E.g. Casa Grande (best steak in LT) or Hotel Atlantis another fantastic restaurant Best of luck with your trip & enjoy the wonderful area of Las Terrenas

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks Goodguy it's funny how pictures can lie place did'nt look to bad on the site I'm just looking for an inexpensive place for a nite on sept. 12th.

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Hi,

maybe this can help : Casa Lily & Coco (Las Terrenas, R?publique dominicaine) - Avis Lodge / refuge - TripAdvisor
if you don't like it try el Rincon de Abi cheap and friendly You dont really need to book in advance you will always find a place especially in september.It is better to visit the room, make your own opinion,try the place for 1 night and ask if you can stay longer if you like it, with a special price aswell as its usually cheaper when you stay longer.We have been travelling that way in the country since 89. You need to reserve on week ends easter time and bank holidays and depends where you go as well,some places like south west (pedernales) are often full on wends and its difficult to find a room ( not many of them...)Its often difficult to recommend a place as we all have different budget different taste.....and some places can be good one time and be very bad another time....owners changes.
Hope you understand my poor english
Enjoy

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks nina if I could only read french lol i'm thinking the wife wants somewhere closer to town and a pool have been looking elsewhere.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hi, we went this year may 2011, for one night (wife, 4 yrs old daughter and niece). We stayed at a hotel situated almost and I say almost aross of a cemetery (just a land mark for finding it). They have a small bar & cafeteria downstairs. It was good and a few steps from the beach, cheaper then where the more expensive hotels are. Also there was a nice upscale restaurant a few blocks away, that was right on the beach, we treated ourself to a nice diner and later dessert, yummy. Sorry I don't know the name.