Gold's Gym in Sosua Ocean Village

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Anybody been to the Gold's Gym over in Ocean Village lately???

I was wondering if they ever got any Gold's Gym tshirts for sale????????

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Gold's Gym spm does also so i will think they do sell tshirts in all of the locations, why dont you give them a call?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I go there more often lately.
I like the gym. It's the only one that has all the necessary new WORKING equipment of quality and proper design on the North Coast. It's also air conditioned and for some reason, it's not over crowded. Most people who come there to train seem to display a sens of order, respect, courtesy and consideration and don't just seek to impress any blonds that may show up with loud talking and other little attitudes.
I'm a guy who works out fast (over a short time period), intensively but with a lot of concentration. I had just about given up going to gyms around here (I'm in Puerto Plata town) after trying several of the local looney bins.

It's a bit on the expensive side, but I only work out 2 day on / 3 days off. So, I make it worth the while, have a refreshing dip in the water, lunch at the restaurant (which is quite good) and stretch out on the beach front playing around on my little 3G fed MacBook.

They do NOT sell much.
They have a couple of supplements for similar prices as most around the island.
The restaurant now carries Protein Shakes however. Finally.

Their towels are all Gold's Gym branded buy I haven't seen ANY apparel for sale.
On the other hand, they offer a lot of classes and activities.

Thank God for Russians, and them for finally bringing an American gym to this side of the island! HA!.

... J-D.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I go there more often lately.
I like the gym. It's the only one that has all the necessary new WORKING equipment of quality and proper design on the North Coast. It's also air conditioned and for some reason, it's not over crowded. Most people who come there to train seem to display a sens of order, respect, courtesy and consideration and don't just seek to impress any blonds that may show up with loud talking and other little attitudes.
I'm a guy who works out fast (over a short time period), intensively but with a lot of concentration. I had just about given up going to gyms around here (I'm in Puerto Plata town) after trying several of the local looney bins.

It's a bit on the expensive side, but I only work out 2 day on / 3 days off. So, I make it worth the while, have a refreshing dip in the water, lunch at the restaurant (which is quite good) and stretch out on the beach front playing around on my little 3G fed MacBook.

They do NOT sell much.

Their towels are all Gold's Gym branded buy I haven't seen ANY apparel for sale.
On the other hand, they offer a lot of classes and activities.

Thank God for Russians, and them for finally bringing an American gym to this side of the island! HA!.

... J-D.

Hi,

Could you find out for me their day, weekly, and monthly rates?????? Also, are they open on Sundays???

Used to be $10 American for a one day workout!!!!!!!!!!! It is a nice gym, though, I agree..........

Thanks much,
J.B.

P.S. I think this is the only Gold's Gym that doesn't sell shirts that I've seen.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
They don't have weekly rates. When I asked a few months ago, I think it was around $100 for a month.

Wow, that is an absolutely ridiculous price!!! I usually work out at the Platinum gym in Sosua when I'm in the DR and that's $ 1,000 pesos RD a month and the Gold's Gym is a little bit smaller with about the same amount of equipment.

The only reason I think Gold's Gym charges $100 month is to keep their clientele "exclusive" -- i.e., mainly caucasion tourists and ex-pats.. The price will keep most working Dominicans from joining.....

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
so where is the platinum gym exactly, because if you google it, you get different locations

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am going to check out the rates of Xtreme Gym in Cabarete. From what I remember in one of our first talks with the manager, the fees were very acceptable. Its a small gym but nice atmosphere, friendly people, very relaxed and right on the beach.
For now we go there to have a drink, look at the kiters and play some ping pong and every time we walk to the car, I am invited to have a go at the trapezium (they give circus lessons there too, mainly for children)...hmm, that guy can be very convincing but first going to do some extra workout before that :)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am going to check out the rates of Xtreme Gym in Cabarete. From what I remember in one of our first talks with the manager, the fees were very acceptable. Its a small gym but nice atmosphere, friendly people, very relaxed and right on the beach.
For now we go there to have a drink, look at the kiters and play some ping pong and every time we walk to the car, I am invited to have a go at the trapezium (they give circus lessons there too, mainly for children)...hmm, that guy can be very convincing but first going to do some extra workout before that :)

you play ping pong... i play table tennis... lol

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
You were the semi-pro, I was and still am the amateur so I can use the term ping pong.

correct... in your case the ball goes... ping.... pong... whoehaaaa... just joking

damn... will have to sleep on the floormat in front of the bed again... lol

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
thanks, will pay it a visit tomorrow

They close daily from 1-3 p.m. I think they open at 8 a.m. They close at 8 p.m. They will not allow flip-flops, you have to have sneakers or something similar. Also, you need to take your own towel with you, they want you to use the towel on the equipment you are using -- like laying it down on the bench press machine for you to lie on.....I guess their rationale is that it will save wear on the machines' naugahyde coverings.......

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
They close daily from 1-3 p.m. I think they open at 8 a.m. They close at 8 p.m. They will not allow flip-flops, you have to have sneakers or something similar. Also, you need to take your own towel with you, they want you to use the towel on the equipment you are using -- like laying it down on the bench press machine for you to lie on.....I guess their rationale is that it will save wear on the machines' naugahyde coverings.......

I more than can agree with their policy... but damn... the ****ing vira lata I saved from doom just destroyed my sneakers this very night... so first stop tomorrow... new sneakers

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
They do NOT sell much.

... J-D.

When I was in Playero supermercado (the one on the highway), they had a good selection of health supplements there. I know they had protein powder, and I think they had the shakes as well.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Two years ago we paid $400 each for a year membership. When it was time to renew they wanted $1200 a year. Needless to say we found somewhere else to go.

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.