Interested in starting a WaveRunner business in Bavaro... What are the legal steps?

Poppi Chuolo

Aug 11, 2011
Hola, I was interested in opening a Wave Runner/Jet Ski Rental Business in Bavaro/Punta Cana area. What are the legal steps I will need to take to get this started. 1) how do you get a little hut on the beach? 2) Do you have to have licenses or permits for jet ski's 3) What do I need to do to have hotels recommend my excursion? I would appreciate any info possible.

Poppi Chuolo

Aug 11, 2011
If you're looking for a social networking page, you should try facebook. Because if you don't have anything constructive to say, you shouldn't say nothing at all.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
You need to go to the towns alcaldia (city hall) and apply for a permit. they will assigne a place and the monthly payment for you to pay.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you want professional advice please PM me for much better answers to your questions.

Cordially,

HB

Poppi Chuolo

Aug 11, 2011
Ok, what does PM mean, and please address with as much as you possibly know. I am researching this venture, before I decide to move from the States.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Hola, I was interested in opening a Wave Runner/Jet Ski Rental Business in Bavaro/Punta Cana area. What are the legal steps I will need to take to get this started. 1) how do you get a little hut on the beach? 2) Do you have to have licenses or permits for jet ski's 3) What do I need to do to have hotels recommend my excursion? I would appreciate any info possible.

1. Just build a hut, squatting is a favorite pasttime
2. Just bribe the alcalde
3. Money helps here too, 22% commission.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011

1. Just build a hut, squatting is a favorite pasttime.
2. Just bribe the Alcalde
3. Money helps, 22% commission

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Ok, what does PM mean, and please address with as much as you possibly know. I am researching this venture, before I decide to move from the States.

Poppi

~OK I will be nice....Look at the top of the page on the left hand side...you will see "Private Message" click that....type in "Hillbilly", then type your questions to him....

Hillbilly is a very wise man and he will help you to the best of his ablilties....

Good luck....perhaps we will see you soon on a beach in Bavaro with your Waverunners.....I get a free ride for advise right;);)..lol

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
This was the order from the Minister of Tourism years ago. has it been recinded or modified?
Jet skis banned at many beaches
In a three-column, full-page announcement, the Ministry of Tourism prohibited the use of jet skis at most of the nation?s beaches. The basic concern of the authorities is the safety of swimmers at the beaches. As a result, jet skis will not be permitted at Boca Chica, Playa Caribe, Guayacanes, Juan Dolio, Villa del Mar, La Romana, Isla Catalina, Bayahibe, Boca de Chavon, Dominicus, Isla Saona, all the hotel area from Punta Cana to Boca de Maimon, Macao, Punta Palmilla (Samana), Cayo Levantado (Bacardi Island), Las Terrenas from Moron Beach to Cozon Beach, Matancitas and Gringo Beach, Caleton (Rio San Juan), Playa Grande, Breton Beach, El Caliche, Diamante, Magnate Beach, Cabarete, Sosua, Playa Dorada, Costambar, Cofresi, Long Beach, Poza del Castillo, (Puerto Plata), Luperon, El Morro, Estero Balsa,(Montecristi), Najayo Beach, Palenque, Monte Rio (Azua), Salinas de Bani, San Rafael, Los Patos (Barahona) and Bahia de las Aguilas (Pedernales). One paragraph of the announcement reads: ?Contrary to the above prohibitions, jet skis will be permitted within the prescribed areas at the following places:
Playa La Caleta in La Romana, Playa de Bani and Playa Salinas, from Monday to Thursday, except on holidays.
Playa de Bani and Playa de Andres, Boca Chica from Club Nautico to the Port of Boca Chica.
Boca de Yuma and from Boca de Maimon to Sabana de la Mar.
from Sanchez to Arroyo Barril in Samana.
Monte Cristi Beach, Buen Hombre beach, and from Club Nautico to the naval station at Punta Rucia, except in front of the naval station and in front of the fishing station.
Maimon Beach in Puerto Plata, at one kilometer out from the beach on either side of the naval detachment post.
The ban measure will be in effect until the ministry can meet with the private sector to establish definite limits for the use of recreational water vehicles.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Belmont come to think of it as I read you post, I do not recall ever seeing a waverunner, jetski in the waters....I have only seen the small "Bavaro Runner" speed boats zipping by.....You could be onto something here that the OP must research in more depth...

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Jets skiis are not allowed on most popular beaches in the DR, ever since some generals son was killed in an accident a few years ago. I have a condo in The Bahamas and they are a pain in the ass, hustlers on the beach, incompetent-reckless-uninsured operators/drivers (customers and staff), and last, but not least, noise pollution.

However, they should have designated zones, but keeping them in there would be a nightmare. Its probably a good thing they are banned, there is at least one person killed every year off Paradise Island (Bahamas).

Feb 7, 2007

While we happily provide information to visitors of the Dr1 in any matter, business included, I do not think you will ever get free consultation (or business manual) for free. First of all, you started off the wrong attitude. Second you seem "too demanding" like in the way that is your divine right to receive that information.

Why do you think somebody would write you up a business plan on setting up shop in the DR just like that...? Now, if you came with a different attitude and different wording of your posts and replies to posts of others, then, maybe then, the community would willingly decide to have you a brief look into the wealth of knowledge this community possesses.

The best advice you will get is to get down there, see for yourself, talk to local people, local business owners, hire local guide and check out the red tape for yourself. Then, and only then, can you make an informed decision whether it's worth to invest your time and money in this place and country.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Why do you think somebody would write you up a business plan on setting up shop in the DR just like that...? Now, if you came with a different attitude and different wording of your posts and replies to posts of others, then, maybe then, the community would willingly decide to have you a brief look into the wealth of knowledge this community possesses.

This is questionable, there's no "true" wealth of knowledge provided on this forum. I'd say, at best, you get more DR bashing and complaining than anything else.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is questionable, there's no "true" wealth of knowledge provided on this forum. I'd say, at best, you get more DR bashing and complaining than anything else.

Sometimes , when sifting throught the excrement, a diamond pops up......

There are things here that have saved my rear end many times....

I try to return the favor/favour.....