Travel info on visting Monte Cristi

crenshore

Jan 13, 2004
Thinking of visiting Monte Cristi on my next trip to the DR. Anyone know much about it--good beaches, much to see/do? I guess I want to go because I have never heard of anyone going there, so figured I'd check it out. One friend did tell me there is great snorkeling and it's very laid-back and a sleepy little place. Any advice appreciated, including places to stay. Thanks.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We spent few days in Montecristi with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law last year, it was the first time any of us had been up there. The city of Montecristi was quaint and was nice for a day, probably wouldn't go back, but glad we went. We stayed in a nice hotel near the water, 2 bedroom apartment, I think it was $100/US, I forget the name, but you wouldn't believe the road along the water we took to get there.

Punta Rucia [beach] was wonderful. Beautiful and unspoiled. Estero Hondo, nearby, has a manatee sanctuary. Hotel is open there now I heard. Near Punta Rucia were a couple of small, quiet hotels, rather rustic, no hot water, but nice. In the $35-$40/US range. If you go, eat at Elsa's on the beach. Yum.

Some photos:

WATERFRONT OF MONTECRISTI:

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00208-1.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

PUNTA RUCIA:

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

ELSA'S:

DSC00201-1.jpg

My husband holding a couple of lobsters Elsa offered to grill up for us. The giant one was 1000 pesos.

DSC00198-1.jpg

AE

TheExpert

Sep 13, 2011
www.dreamridelimousines.com.au
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Monte Cristi is located approximately 135 km west of Puerto Plata. It is very nice visiting place. We can visit Cayo Cabritaand El Morro beaches. These are really very awesome. I have visited and want to go again.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
The beaches to the south of the Morro are usually deserted. One day I had sex there at 12 noon and never saw a single person.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
My husband holding a couple of lobsters Elsa offered to grill up for us. The giant one was 1000 pesos.

DSC00198-1.jpg

AE

You had to go and post this pic?

I should give you a dislike!!!!!!

Seriously, this is one of the reasons I love traveling to DR. The women and the lobsters. Excellent price. Reminds me of Captain Cook in Bavaro. mmmmmmmmm salivating right this second!!!!!!

Its not right AE.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
:rolleyes:
You had to go and post this pic?

I should give you a dislike!!!!!!

Seriously, this is one of the reasons I love traveling to DR. The women and the lobsters. Excellent price. Reminds me of Captain Cook in Bavaro. mmmmmmmmm salivating right this second!!!!!!

Its not right AE.

My sincerest apologies BB. Every time I see that pic I remember that day and that meal. Misery loves company, why should I suffer alone? What are friends for????

Maybe we should join Lobsters Anonymous.

Don't know what to tell you about the women.:rolleyes:

AE

TheExpert

Sep 13, 2011
www.dreamridelimousines.com.au
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The Island of Montecristi, in the shape of a pointed diamond is approximately 40 miles from the coast of Grosseto. It’s really a great place.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
if you are on a beach at 12 noon and never saw a single person, The correct phrase would be "One day I masterbated there at 12 noon and never saw a single person."

g'luck

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The Island of Montecristi, in the shape of a pointed diamond is approximately 40 miles from the coast of Grosseto. It?s really a great place.

Wrong Montecristi - what exactly are you an expert in?

AE