The best fireworks ever!!!!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Some of you may not know that here in SD we have FIREWORKS!!

We have a lot of fireworks. For all the big holidays. And then for some days that I can never figure out. Like, hey, it is THURSDAY!!!

BUT the very very BEST fireworks that we have is opening night of the BASEBALL season.

Now if you have not seen Dominican Baseball.. well, then. REALLY. The Dominicans are some of the best ball players in the WORLD .. heavily represented in the US major leagues (making millions and millions of dollars,, it is their Hollywood). This is very high level baseball.

And the crowd is wonderful.

But the FIREWORKS on opening night which is Friday, October 14th, are some of the BEST that I have seen in my life. (and I am a NYer!+

So.. you all can just come to the Capital for the opening of Baseball season, stay for a lovely weekend when there is NO traffic in the Capital, go to a play, and a lovely dinner out, maybe the Botanical Gardens, then truck on down to the South West for a great week and up to Jarabaco for a mountain pass and Back to the Capital for the Cirque du Soleil show on the 28th and then you will have SEEN the country.

It is YOUR Capital, too!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
mountainannie you are right about the fireworks in SD - we always used to go up on the roof of our apartment building on new years eve to toast in the new year and see the fireworks go off around the city.

For those days that you can't figure out what holiday is being celebrated it is quite often someone's birthday being celebrated with a fireworks show. For example the biggest fireworks show I ever saw in SD was for Sammy Sosa's birthday one year.

I hope people follow your proposals and get out and enjoy the baseball and fireworks.