Oasis Condos, Camino del Sol in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Just heard that after several years of turmoil, the Oasis Condominiums is finally closed. The project is not finished and only about 7 condos were delivered to owners. Now that everything is closed and that no services are being given to owners what happens???? Is this another project like Coastal Bavaro being talked about on this forum and in Dominican news.
How many of these questionable Developpers will it take before the DR government steps in to protect needed investors to the island???

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You think this only happens in the DR. I can show you a dozen projects in NJ where the developer went bust midway. Usually these people who bought are on their own because banks won't finance unless a large portion of the development is sold. I wouldn't call anybody who buys into an unfinished condo project an investor. He is a speculator as he has no guarantee of return.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
You think this only happens in the DR. I can show you a dozen projects in NJ where the developer went bust midway. Usually these people who bought are on their own because banks won't finance unless a large portion of the development is sold. I wouldn't call anybody who buys into an unfinished condo project an investor. He is a speculator as he has no guarantee of return.

Of course I know this happens in the U.S. also, but it happens very often in the DR and since most of the developpers are foreigners the recourse is minimum at best. Like in this case the developpers are small game out of Colorado.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone who buys a condo in unfinished condition in the DR has little recourse and most lose their money. The world is full of thieves who are out to take the money of trusting unsophisticated "investors".

Status
Not open for further replies.