Lost Matricular

cabareteadam

Oct 19, 2011
Hey All.

So, my questions is... if you have lost your matricular for your vehicle, where do you go to get a replacement?
Is it possible in Puerto Plata?

I have also heard that there is a dominican government website where you can check to see if that vehicle is registered in your name.

Basically, i have had my truck registered in my name, with my I.D. for the last 6 years. unfortunately, i have no copy of my matricular, but i do have proof of purchase and all the receipts for the last few years of marbeta purchase.

Can anyone offer me advice?

Feb 7, 2007
It's matricula, without the "r" at the end. DGII would be the place to go. Beware that your matricula will no show DUPLICATE and that may cause any future buyers to be wary.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hey All.

So, my questions is... if you have lost your matricular for your vehicle, where do you go to get a replacement?

I have also heard that there is a dominican government website where you can check to see if that vehicle is registered in your name.

Basically, i have had my truck registered in my name, with my I.D. for the last 6 years. unfortunately, i have no copy of my matricular, but i do have proof of purchase and all the receipts for the last few years of marbeta purchase.

Ok> Let me get this right. You have been in the D.R. for six (6) years and still don't know how things work? Right? After all this is a yearly process that is not difficult. Your last merbeta is on your windshield with a number... Right?

My advice is to put all your papers in order and stand in line like everyone else.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hey All.

ok, here is how this works, so pay close attention. firstly, you go the the local newspaper, and report the matricula lost. you should at least take a copy of it, if you have one. when the notice comes out in the papers the next day, take a copy of the paper to the police precinct, and they will fill out a document, which you take to the Rentas Internas, and they will give you a new title. well, not exactly give, since you pay for it. i forgot what the price is.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Still don't know?

Ok> Let me get this right. You have been in the D.R. for six (6) years and still don't know how things work? Right? After all this is a yearly process that is not difficult. Your last merbeta is on your windshield with a number... Right?
My advice is to put all your papers in order and stand in line like everyone else.

Tranquilo....
matricula = vehicle registration certificate ("title")
marbete = (yearly) vehicle tax sticker

donP

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004

I bet if you were in the US, you would be lost in the welfare line. It makes people not even want to ask a question.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
ok, here is how this works, so pay close attention. firstly, you go the the local newspaper, and report the matricula lost. you should at least take a copy of it, if you have one. when the notice comes out in the papers the next day, take a copy of the paper to the police precinct, and they will fill out a document, which you take to the Rentas Internas, and they will give you a new title. well, not exactly give, since you pay for it. i forgot what the price is.

That is exactly what he have to do.

I hope police don't give him a hard time. You know... bring the car for the "quimico" to check chassis numeration.
That's the way the make money under the table!

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That is exactly what he have to do.

I hope police don't give him a hard time. You know... bring the car for the "quimico" to check chassis numeration.
That's the way the make money under the table!

JJ

i never had the confidential numbers check. the only problem i had was that the police officer hit me up for a thousand pesos to do what is supposed to be free. then again, i live here, so i expected it.

cabareteadam

Oct 19, 2011

My advice to you is read the question properly, before you make snide remarks.
Purely looking for a helpful answer to a simple question.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hey All.

Here's a thought...If you have car insurance check with the ins.office who would have made a copy of the matricula when you first got your policy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Here's a thought...If you have car insurance check with the ins.office who would have made a copy of the matricula when you first got your policy.

that is a good idea. only thing is, when you want to sell the car, the photocopy is useless for the transaction