Thanksgiving

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
I may be in the DR during the week of US Thanksgiving and was wondering if LT would be a good place to vacation. I've been to Sosua/Cabarete many times and liked them a lot, and been to Punta Cana many times and had a good time but never been to LT so was wondering if its a good place for a 50ish single man to go for vacation? Especially during this time of year.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
We had a great time in LT this past month. Not sure if the # of tourist will be up.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
LT is a great place, Playa Colibri or Aleisi or two great places to stay. Lively night life in town, great excursions and some real good restaurants owned mostly by expats. Much better than PC.
You will have a great time, just do it.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
LT is a great place, Playa Colibri or Aleisi or two great places to stay. Lively night life in town, great excursions and some real good restaurants owned mostly by expats. Much better than PC.
You will have a great time, just do it.

Are you familiar with the Albachiara Hotel? Is it in a good location to everything in town?

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
The problem with the Albachiara is that there is a bar right next to it where people gather outside with loud music
all night and some fights once in a while. In addition, I understand they have lots of management problems.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
The problem with the Albachiara is that there is a bar right next to it where people gather outside with loud music
all night and some fights once in a while. In addition, I understand they have lots of management problems.

Thanks, the more I look for a place to stay the more I realize just how much more expensive this part of the island is. Do you know of any condos/apts/villas going for around $100US/day? That are decent places.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Hotel Colibri, which was mentioned in an earlier post, is under $100usd a day and is right on the beach. The rooms have kitchenettes and are not fancy but more than suffiicient. Thoe negative is that you are not close walking distance to town and would need transportation and would have to take motoconchos.

S

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Steve and I will be in Las Terrenas this year for Thanksgiving...is anyone serving turkey and pumpkin pie??!! If we had room in our bags, we'd pack the turkey!