Hotel Matum

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Anyone knows the rates for the weekend and if it is worth it?

Thanks

Jan 17, 2009
Don't know the current rates, but it's a great place to stay if you pick a room not in the back. The front rooms are very, very noisy.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
I stayed at the Matum recently on a Thursday night @ $70us for a double. Room 221 has an uncomfortable bed.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Great location, rooms are quite basic. I get the 2K pesos a night a rate there when I stay (credit card, all included), - ask Anthony the manager, he is frequently on the check-in desk.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
the hotel Matum is in a great location and within walking distance to the monument..and all your GUEST CHICAS will have no problem finding you:cheeky:..you can walk to many restaurants, and i really like Max delicious right around the corner. [great carne salada]..

And if you travel by taxi there are always many in front of the hotel..

The rooms are basic and good enough for what you need, and they have a small fridge stocked with soda and beer..that you have to pay for..they also give you free breakfast, but it's nothing to write home about..some coffee,fruit, toast, and some stuff that don't look so good..

I have never paid $70 for a room, but i'm cheap anyways..the staff is always friendly and cool...

When are you gonna be in Santiago bronxboy?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
the hotel Matum is in a great location and within walking distance to the monument..and all your GUEST CHICAS will have no problem finding you:cheeky:..you can walk to many restaurants, and i really like Max delicious right around the corner. [great carne salada]..

And if you travel by taxi there are always many in front of the hotel..

The rooms are basic and good enough for what you need, and they have a small fridge stocked with soda and beer..that you have to pay for..they also give you free breakfast, but it's nothing to write home about..some coffee,fruit, toast, and some stuff that don't look so good..

I have never paid $70 for a room, but i'm cheap anyways..the staff is always friendly and cool...

When are you gonna be in Santiago bronxboy?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/central/119130-will-santiago-nov-20th.html

Thanks for the info rsg. :)

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Very Basic, your better off at a Motel

Hmm ... I'm looking for something basic, but if you have an alternative recomendation in the same price range I'd be happy to listen. I was also considering Aloha Sol, but I've stayed there b4 and was looking for something new in that area.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Hmm ... I'm looking for something basic, but if you have an alternative recomendation in the same price range I'd be happy to listen. I was also considering Aloha Sol, but I've stayed there b4 and was looking for something new in that area.

Everybodys idea of "basic" can be different I guess. But to me, Matum is pretty standard as Hotels go. Most rooms are upgraded and always clean. I always just walk-in and flash a corporate business card and negotiate a better rate.

Be sure to check out the pictures on the 2nd floor foyer and ask to see the bullet holes.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
When I think basic, I think Hotel Colonial. I consider Matum better than basic but if there are better in that price range I would love to know. I am always looking to upgrade.

Everybodys idea of "basic" can be different I guess. But to me, Matum is pretty standard as Hotels go. Most rooms are upgraded and always clean. I always just walk-in and flash a corporate business card and negotiate a better rate.

Be sure to check out the pictures on the 2nd floor foyer and ask to see the bullet holes.