Job possibility

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

I have recently been contacted from Lifestlyes Vacation Villa in regards to the customer service rep position I applied for.

Can anyone on here enlighten me about this resort? Does anyone on this site know of someone who is or has been employed by them? I am familiar with their location, but other than that I am in the dark.

I am considering meeting with them in the near future and would like to know if it would be worth my time to consider this position.

Thanks,

curlyq

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
As long as it is merely a something to do position you are wanting and not a living income then you will be fine. If it is a serious job consideration you expect then forget it, if you can speak English and use a keyboard they will not turn you away, the turnover of staff is quite high.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Go check it out, whats the worst that can happen, you don't take the job. I met a CSR from England, and she seemed pretty happy working there.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I wouldnt just discount it by what people say on here , go and find out
Why apply for a job and not turn up for the interview

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Follow through with the interview

Curlyq,

Do you really want to be asking yourself 6 months from now, "What if?" The only way to know for sure is to show up for the interview. If the resort is where I think it is in Puerto Plata, then I can assure you that is beautiful.

Good luck!

Preston

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Do you have anything better to do with your time? If not, go to the interview. Just don't be disappointred when you find out what they mean by "competitive salary and benefits". Having worked in the "Vacation Club" business years ago, my guess is this will be about RD$ 15,000/month plus government required benefits. If they offer you a sales position, it will be commission based.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
considering the job was posted on this board I feel the OP might have blown his chances with this post anyways... lol

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
time share sales. during Dec/jan/feb.. "top" guys make 10k USD a month.. but its sleazy work.. imho..
well they do at Sol Melia