Bullets and Accident Kill 3

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Normal Crimes

Yes, read about those this morning (and could top that with a few more). :(
But those are all normal crimes, happens all over the world .... ;)

I found the other one more interesting...
Soon, we shall know why.

donP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
22 bullets impacted the SUV: A "Ford Scape" (Escape, that is)....with an Official license plate...Well we know that the narcos steal them off of insignificant government vehicles (the Departmento de Oficios Necios de la parte Occidental del Ayuntamiento de Nalga Sucia...for example...a really stupid one at that!@__), so I am going to venture that this was payback and the poor, dumb platano salesman just could not stop his little vehicle in time....

In that part of East Santo Domingo (need I say more?) this is like a bear doing his thing in the woods[with or without Charmin).
The tragedy was the poor platano guy...who got caught up in the mess. I am betting that nobody really will miss the folks in the SUV...wanna bet?

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know I won't!
I see we get the usual disclaimer:"This kind of crime happens all over the World" from those who love to "SPIN" all the murders here as "Normal"!
These things DO happen "all over the World", but NOT many times everyday in a small country,with a population of about 10 million!
The DR IS a violent ,make that "VERY VIOLENT" country!
Stop fooling yourselves.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yes this is troubling. Nonetheless I have a friend(DR1er too) moving from St. Croix to Santiago because the crime over there is three times higher than the national average here, 77 murders per 100k to be exact. The world as we know it is going to hell in a handbasket.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You should know that St. Croix has the highest murder rate in the United States!! like two or four or six times the national average....and it is a tiny island....

This thing, this violence that is happening is indicative of something really wrong in the country. Something that the Cardinal can't reach by preaching, something that the President can't solve by his speeches, and something that legislators cannot fix by making sentences longer. What this country needs is JOBS, lots and lots of jobs. They can be "make work" jobs or real jobs. The country also needs education. Lots of education.

I am reminded of a report on Bill Gates at a working session of his foundation. Just three or four people, the leaders. Gates puts one hand over his head and bent his hand parallel to the ceiling. His other hand he lowered below his waist and bent the wrist parallel to the floor. "THis hand (the one up top) represents education. This hand (the lower one) represents all the other needs of a society!" This from a guy who told Congress that he moved a lot of his production to China because he could not find 30,000 engineers in the USA. (And one talking head's response was: "We need to relax the immigration rules so that these 30,000 engineers can come here and work!!!" Like THAT is a solution????)

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Take the engeneers,they all went to MIT,and CALTEC anyway!
Why should we educate them,then make them leave.To make room for more "ilegales"?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Can someone tell me when it's safe for my husband and I to leave our apartment?
We've go tall windows barred up and we've got enough food and water for a week.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Toddler shot in head when gunman opens fire on music video set in Oakland

Read more: Toddler shot in head when gunman opens fire on *music video set in Oakland* - NY Daily News
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tragedy unfolded on a music video set Monday when a gunfight broke out in an Oakland, Calif. parking lot, leaving a toddler, a man and a woman in critical condition.

Seven people total were injured in the burst of violence, police said.

The 1-year-old boy was in his dad’s arms when a bullet traveled through his dad’s hand and lodged in his brain, a family member told the Daily News.

=====================================

Woman stabbed to death in her East Harlem apartment; cops question boyfriend

Killing comes less than 24 hours after Bronx mom is bludgeoned to death

A woman was found fatally stabbed in her East Harlem apartment on Thanksgiving eve, less than 24 hours after another woman was found bludgeoned to death in the Bronx, cops said.

The 36-year-old woman was found on the bed inside her third floor apartment on East 120th Street near Third Avenue shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday, police said.

Her throat was slashed and she was stabbed twice in the chest, police said.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, a family was holding silent vigil for a mother of four who was bludgeoned to death less than 24 hours earlier.

Cops were called to Shanetta Fernandez’s W. 168th St. apartment by a 911 call from her boyfriend, James Williams, just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Shootings and stabbings from Queens to Staten Island leave two dead and many injured on Thanksgiving

Twenty-four-hour surge in violence bloodies holiday weekend

image.jpg

In a 24-hour span there were eight shootings, five stabbings and at least four slashings — with two of those incidents becoming homicides.

Read more: Shootings and stabbings from Queens to Staten Island leave two dead and many injured on Thanksgiving - NY Daily News

And your point is???

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Wow, the US seems almost as bad as the D.R. these days.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Is that from the US1 forum?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
What nobody cares to admit here (those like the DR loving Donp and company) is that in the DR the majority of violent deaths come within members of the crime circles, out of 10 people murdered in the DR more than half are criminals with extensive records, linked to the drug underworld, women that love and die (literally) for their abusive husbands/papis, drunken fights at bars, etc...

Crime that touches the average law abiding citizen in the DR is very low, other than the usual theft and break-ins.

I feel safer any give Day of the year in the DR than I do walking the streets of NYC or Orlando, and many other "places" around the world...

For one, I don't hang out at places like "the flow", nor do I seek prostitutes, Haitian helpers to save a buck in my home which only God knows their real name and where they live, etc...

The DR is very safe for a family to live at.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Wow, the US seems almost as bad as the D.R. these days.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Is that from the US1 forum?

Just the NY Daily news local section alone, mind you that the crimes reported in the DR expand the entire national territory. Funny how numbers are used to mask murders per 100,000 in population, when the actual number of murders in most other countries with less murders per capita indeed have MORE murders each Day than the DR could ever dream of reaching...

When I want to know how safe a place is, I look at the total number of murders and other criminal stats for that spot sans the breakdown by per 100,000 of population. It's that simple!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So a country with 50 people that has 2 murders per year is safer than a country of 2 million with 200 murders per year?

Now that is pure Dominican logic.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
So a country with 50 people that has 2 murders per year is safer than a country of 2 million with 200 murders per year?

Now that is pure Dominican logic.

Yes! It is! Unless you're a gambler that dares to bet his life for the odds against being a victim, only because it's less per capita for every 100,000 than the smaller, less populous country...

Now look at the numbers like this:

The country with two hundred murders per year and 2 million people represents that in one year the entire population of that small nation gets killed four times over in that large less murderous country per statistics...

It don't matter if the murders are 100 or 1,000,000 per year, statistics can't place the murders that will take place by city/town/person in a repeated spot.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2009
I do acknowledge that their is something wrong with today's DR. However my parents were there last month, my dad remained for a whole month, mom was there for three weeks. Then my sister, gringo bubbie and two little girls went to stay with them for a week and stayed at an all inclusive for a few days. Other than getting sick over the crappy food at the AI & mami and papi catching the gripe. Everybody was fine, and no one complained about any crime or the hint of it. Not saying it's not there but nothing happened to them. They all flew back this week no worse for the wear. Stay away from ho's, tigere's, illegal foreign labor, colmadones and chercha and you will live a longer life.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
What nobody cares to admit here (those like the DR loving Donp and company) is that in the DR the majority of violent deaths come within members of the crime circles, out of 10 people murdered in the DR more than half are criminals with extensive records, linked to the drug underworld, women that love and die (literally) for their abusive husbands/papis, drunken fights at bars, etc...

Crime that touches the average law abiding citizen in the DR is very low, other than the usual theft and break-ins.

I feel safer any give Day of the year in the DR than I do walking the streets of NYC or Orlando, and many other "places" around the world...

For one, I don't hang out at places like "the flow", nor do I seek prostitutes, Haitian helpers to save a buck in my home which only God knows their real name and where they live, etc...

The DR is very safe for a family to live at.

Are you racist

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Toddler shot in head when gunman opens fire on music video set in Oakland

Read more: Toddler shot in head when gunman opens fire on *music video set in Oakland* - NY Daily News
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tragedy unfolded on a music video set Monday when a gunfight broke out in an Oakland, Calif. parking lot, leaving a toddler, a man and a woman in critical condition.

Seven people total were injured in the burst of violence, police said.

The 1-year-old boy was in his dad’s arms when a bullet traveled through his dad’s hand and lodged in his brain, a family member told the Daily News.

=====================================

Woman stabbed to death in her East Harlem apartment; cops question boyfriend

Killing comes less than 24 hours after Bronx mom is bludgeoned to death

A woman was found fatally stabbed in her East Harlem apartment on Thanksgiving eve, less than 24 hours after another woman was found bludgeoned to death in the Bronx, cops said.

The 36-year-old woman was found on the bed inside her third floor apartment on East 120th Street near Third Avenue shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday, police said.

Her throat was slashed and she was stabbed twice in the chest, police said.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, a family was holding silent vigil for a mother of four who was bludgeoned to death less than 24 hours earlier.

Cops were called to Shanetta Fernandez’s W. 168th St. apartment by a 911 call from her boyfriend, James Williams, just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Shootings and stabbings from Queens to Staten Island leave two dead and many injured on Thanksgiving

Twenty-four-hour surge in violence bloodies holiday weekend

image.jpg

In a 24-hour span there were eight shootings, five stabbings and at least four slashings — with two of those incidents becoming homicides.

Read more: Shootings and stabbings from Queens to Staten Island leave two dead and many injured on Thanksgiving - NY Daily News

And your point is???

And What's yours ????????? Nothing to do with the DR

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Yes! It is! Unless you're a gambler that dares to bet his life for the odds against being a victim, only because it's less per capita for every 100,000 than the smaller, less populous country...

Now look at the numbers like this:

The country with two hundred murders per year and 2 million people represents that in one year the entire population of that small nation gets killed four times over in that large less murderous country per statistics...

It don't matter if the murders are 100 or 1,000,000 per year, statistics can't place the murders that will take place by city/town/person in a repeated spot.

You must let me play you at poker sometime....

Mar 1, 2009
Oh and I forgot to mention that next to the house I live in, in Aventura Florida. it got robbed three times, in at least two months!
The renter's were so freaked out that they picked up and left. This is a very nice area and before this I never felt safer in my life. Yet, when I say foreign labor. I include Haitians and any other foreigner (i.e. South Americans, Euro's, Asians and NorthAm's) who is aided and abetted to take a job from one of my countrymen in an illegal fashion. I don't think I am racist or Pichardo.