Quick guide for President Mejia..

C

Carlos

Quick guide for President Mejia..

President Mejia said yesterday that being president of the country is more difficult than he thought.. In other way the man is saying ? I Don?t know what to do ?..
At least the man has been honest by telling us the lack of authority he has been showing since his inauguration as president of the country ( Other than being brutally with the journalist of this country..)
Is this also going to be the fault of the past Fernandez Administration..??

I have compiled a Quick guide for President Mejia so he can steer the country in the right direction..

1) First of all, You can?t please your party members while simultaneously trying to please your country.. its one of the two at a time.. Party members should come last while the country problems are always primordial..

2) Whenever a Party member ( either yours or of the opposition ) occupying a public position publicly tells that the government social programs are exclusively for the purpose of party members ( either yours or of the opposition ) He or She should be cancelled immediately.. This to warn anybody not to make similar comments in the future and to respect your administration..

3) A ?public position means to serve the nation?,, if you haven?t memorized this sentence please take paper and pencil and write it 1000 times so it will get into your memory..

4) Whenever public employees (either yours or of the opposition ) turn a government office into his personal business or market article 3 will be applicable and the person should be cancelled immediately..

5) You never move a public employee from his position if He or She is doing a marvelous work despite His or Hers political preferences.. A honest opposition member in a public position is better than a gangster of your party and not the other way out ( This applies to any party in charge of the country )..

6) Whenever ?Anybody? tries to or violates the constitution of the nation it?s a sign of thread against the stability of your nation and should be punishable with all the severity possible.. Don?t ever ignore this problem because it will turn against you..

7) Corruption is the worst virus to humanity because it silently kills a whole nation..! BE HARD AGAINST CORRUPTION in either opposition members and/or members of you parties.. Don?t ever exonerate any past corrupt president or public employee because of political or personal preferences.

8) Whenever you come into power, always look back at the past administration greatest achievements and try to beat theirs.. Don?t ever said that the country?s economy is bankrupt if it has been growing above average during past administration and specially if you or your party where instigators of strikes and social instabilities..
This is highly recomended or else this will show to investors and fellow citizens that something wrong is with your IQ..

9) Listen always to experts, don?t play to be Einstein.. People like him only are born once every 200 years..!!

10) The world today is not the world of 60 years ago, that?s also true for today?s economies.. Don?t ever implement old fashioned negative tax reforms specially if you want to collect more money to couple with the explosion of public jobs. Please refer back to article 1, 3 ,4,7 .. To collect more money ?Tax evasion? to already existing Taxes should be eradicated and a lower payroll should be implemented ..(Please refer to article 1,3,7 )?

11) Don?t ever think that the economy and thus social welfare of a nation is going to increment proportional to the number of basket-balls, articles and food bags that you hand out to people in the slums areas.. The modernization and economic grow of a nation is measured in positive percentage of your nations ?PIB? along with good infrastructure. It is not measured by the increment of bad habits imposed years ago by corrupt governments and dictators..

12) Education goes hand in hand with modernization..! Your nation?s future is in hand of today?s children.. You have to educate them with good teachers, good books, good school infrastructure ( Computer labs, playground etc,etc ). Don?t expect to achieve good education only with plantain and eggs and bad paid teachers.. refer also back to article 11..

13) If All of the above is difficult to memorize then memorize only this sentence??NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION,,, ONLY GOD AND HUMAN RIGHTS..?

14) Be always a good example.. Talk decently, respond to question politely, dress always like a president and act always like a president.. Everbody should respect you because you represent the people of your country you like it or not..

15) Last but not least. Don?t ever create awards or name streets after the memory of people that once said that your country ?should catch fire? if his political needs were not fulfilled..!! It?s a bad example for generations to come.. ( This applies to the memory of whoever He/She was, despite political party or social rank )..

Can anyone send this to Mr Mejia..? I would highly appreciate your help.. ( He can even put this message in his guayabera )

Regards,

A 27 year old Dominican..

P

Prof. Tiberius Mineola

Re: Well Done! Witty!

Nicely thought out & nicely written. 2 tons of truth. I'm glad that A Dominican wrote this; it would probably be resented if posted by a foreigner. It's nice to read intelligent political commentary & biting [not sarcastic] humor on this site. Keep up the great work. Hay Esperanza!!

S

Squat

Send it (in spanish) to Listin Diario !!!

Or start conferences on the subject... The goal is to educate the Dominican population, specially the younger ones... They have to understand that being a politician isn't similar as being a cocaine-baron... First thing, 2002, get the PRD out of the senado and out of the sindicos... Then, 2004, get the PRD out forever !

H

hillbilly

Outta sight!! Well spoken (written), young man! *DC*

D

Duarte

Unfortunately the Dominican politicians have figured out that if they do what you suggest here, you will be voted out of office as soon as the people get a chance. Because...you see..In the DR if you do not feel every public office with your cronies you're a "comesolo" who doesn't "boronea", and therefore you don't deserve my vote. In other words..."What have you done for me lately?" is more like the phrase the politicians repeat to themselves constantly...

E

ECH, M.D.

Let me just say you are an extremely erudite young man. YOU should be President and maybe one day you will be! You definitely have the right idea(s) and a profound love of country.

S

sharon

Bravo young man.....you would be a credit to any country in the world and a fine President anywhere. The Dominican Republic is very fortunate to have citizens like you.

R

Ramon

I have belonged to the PRD party all my life, but I also know that Mejia is one of the worst president that our contry has had. It looks like he has no control of the country. He neither has control over his cabinet. Some good examples are Candalier are Lockward. They do whatever they want.
It's a shame that Mejia come out this way, since almost all Dominican put their hopes in him.

C

Canadian Bob

Carlos, your comments are very well said. I am delighted that they come from a Dominican! Canadian Bob.

H

hlywud

Re: Outta sight!! Well spoken (written), young man

Should be sent to a lot of world leaders,

C

CPaulino

My Presidential ratings/Last 50 years

To solve this problem with stupid, inept,Presidents let's just clone our best leader of the last 50 years:

1)Generalissimo Rafael Leonidas Trujillo
2)Joaquin Balaguer
3)nobody
4)nobody
5)nobody
6)nobody
7)nobody
8)Juan Bosch
9)Jacobo Majluta
10)Antonio Guzman
Note:Leonel Fernandez,Jorge Blanco and Hipolito Mejia were not even consider for their lack of abilities, smarts. This people are too inept to be considered leaders of this nation

T

Tom

Re: My Presidential ratings/Last 50 years

1 Hitler
2 Stalin
3 Mao
4 Genghis Khan
5 Idi Amin
6 Maloseovitch

D

DR-VETERAN

you forgot pol pot.i would rank stalin even before hitler.check the numbers not the way of doing it.

T

Tom

Check the numbers of the man that started WW II and if you can find more people that died as a result of battles, camps and ovens, let me know

D

DR-VETERAN

did not take battle casualties in account.so both deserve 1st place.2nd pol pot?

A

Abraham S.

Jhonnson
Nixon
Ronald Reagan
George Bush
George Bush

T

Tom

No argument from me, except they did not commit genocide