Clarion Hotel (Avenida Tiradentes)

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hey Guys!

I'm headed to Santo Domingo's Clarion Hotel (Avenida Tiradentes, esquina Presidente Gonzalez) tomorrow for the night...

As I live in a tiny town, I'm hoping to get a few Xmas gifts for my little girl in SD, and I've heard this hotel is pretty central. Do any of you know of any great malls close by that might have a children's store / toy store? Is it within walking distance (dammit, I guess I'll wear sensible shoes if I have to :) )

Anything you guys know about the area, I'll look forward to hearing it!

As always, thank youuuu! :D

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Leave the sensible shoes in the hotel. Plaza Naco is literally next door. I wouldn't call PN a 'great mall', but there you'll find a Juguet?n store, which is a local toy chain.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Hey Guys!

I'm headed to Santo Domingo's Clarion Hotel (Avenida Tiradentes, esquina Presidente Gonzalez) tomorrow for the night...

Caution. I'm sure a few DR1 buzzards have just chosen their flight paths. They are the guys sitting in the lobby pretending to read the newspapers.:paranoid:

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Ahhahah thank you, Belmont :) I will wear sensible shoes and not provide my name or room # to anybody...and maybe I'll wear sweats, too ahhaha

Thanks, NALs, for the advice! Ah, to a six year old so long as there is pink and sparkly I think I'll be ok (I don't know WHERE she gets it from :) )

As always, loving my DR1ers and their help! :D

Feb 7, 2007
Clarion is a good hotel and great value for money. Rooms are comfy and free breakfast included is great, filling, and you will be back to the buffet! They include gym across street in one of the biggest gyms in SD, and you get a welcome drink in the local bar (if you are alone in a room ask for 2 coupons :) as the rate for double room and single room are the same)

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Did you say welcome drink...AND free breakfast? Oh well, now I may never leave!! :D
I stayed the other day at the Hodepa Caribe Colonial, and if anyone else reads this, well it was a cute little place (the room not so much) but the location amazing, the staff was SO helpful and not a bad place at all!

Thanks so much, guys! If any of you ever come to Cabrera, drinks are on me :)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Yes Plaza Naco has 2 toy stores: Jugueton and Mundo del Juguete, you're in the right spot!