Does anyone know a company or a person that can
prepare a HAZARD ANALYSIS and CRITICAL CONTROL POINT PLAN
FOR THE SEAFOOD INDUSTRY in the DR
THANK YOU

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Just make sure that whoever helps you set your HACCP plan is not permitted to audit the company for a number of years.
I don't know about your company, but start by: Access management, Operational Management and Fish Health Management (including procurement and so on). Here is a guiding document to give you an idea
Guidance for Industry: HACCP Regulation for Fish and Fishery Products; Questions and Answers for Guidance to Facilitate the Implementation of a HACCP System in Seafood Processing

I did it in my last career job but that was a very specialized sector in Clinical Trials but the external auditors accepted the fact that I was in control for about a year and a half to set up the department, write most of the sop's, revise them together with the department head and let them sign for the final draft, keep them in final draft until the audit and then hold a very strict internal audit with a colleague which resulted in a 50 page book of corrective and preventive actions. There was also a corrective action involved where I 'resigned' completely from the department and took back on my role as auditor and an explaining letter from the QA Manager. The external auditors (not FDA auditors but auditors working for our client) gave the department and hence the whole company a go ahead after a very intense 5 day's audit. It can be done. Its all about documenting everything on the right date, right time and the correct total information why its done that way and how it is done.

Acira

Ok, I mean if jlf hires a company to help his business go through the steps to become certified, the same person cannot come and audit. Audit can be done internally, yes but is not considered from the authorities as the audit of a third party? In the Dominican Republic it might be the Direcci?n General de Pesca or the body overseeing quality of food. Here in Canada the Canadian Food Inspection Agency is the body in charge.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
No, of course not but most certification bodies or consultants offer an internal audit schedule to prepare you for third part audits. Those third party audits can be Regulatory Affairs audits (government based) or Client Audits or Inspection Audits such as FDA for the USA and as you said in Canada it is the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

Yes, Acira, I totally agree with you as they could as you mentioned or those ISO registar. And you are also right, a group of staff people should form the HACCP team inside the company and identify all the forms and the Plant Schematic and all the hazards (physical, biological and chemical), the corrective actions, the verification, the monitoring, validation and everything needs to be documented.