Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a Nim-Tree (Neem)?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy a Nim-Tree (Neem)?

Anybody knows where (if) in the Bavaro/Punta Cana/Higuey area I could buy a Nim tree, preferably a size to plant it in a pot and have it indoors if possible?

Another question is if it would keep mosquitos out?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Almost any place would have them and they don't really but I think they help a little. There was a long long thread on these trees here a good while ago. With links to Nim sites around the internet..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

3. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you,

yes I remember there was a thread but I couldn't find it. If I remember it right, it did not contain an answer to the question where to buy it here in Bavaro.

So, you think, any "Jardineria" should have them, then I'll go out there and look for them Didn't know they are that common.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure they are Mike. If not I will look here in Santiago for you..Should not be much trouble..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be great, thanks for your help !

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have four nim trees round the outside of the house and have minimal trouble with mosquitoes despite having lots of other vegetation which we don't spray.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Anybody knows where (if) in the Bavaro/Punta Cana/Higuey area I could buy a Nim tree, preferably a size to plant it in a pot and have it indoors if possible?

Another question is if it would keep mosquitos out?

Thanks
    ~Caribmike

There is a Plant nursery "Vivero" just before you come into Los Corales on the right hand side...just before the curve leading to Ave Alemania, they should have them there!!

Post Thanks / Like

And I just asked my son where the nearest nursery was here in town to go get a couple. His answer:
    "Viejo, outside there are dozens of them, they are like weeds. Wherever there is a Nim tree there are little trees nearby."

Okay, so maybe I had better be more aware of my surroundings...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Advertiser
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny that you ask this question cause I'm in the market for a Nim tree as well. I've always been told they help with mosquitos. The two viveros I know of is the one already mentioned in Los Corales and there is another if you make a right at Friusa gas station. Close to the Ferreteria Americana.
    Punta Cana Destination Management Company
    http://dr1.com/directories/Caribbean-Dream.html

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

"Funny that you ask this question cause I'm in the market for a Nim tree as well. I've always been told they help with mosquitos. The two viveros I know of is the one already mentioned in Los Corales and there is another if you make a right at Friusa gas station. Close to the Ferreteria Americana."

Great, will check them next weekend. If they don't have them or if they try to charge "gringo-bonus" I'll get in touch w/ Hillbilly to see how I could get a better deal, lol .... Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast