Reasonable and Reliable Taxi From Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

I have a friend who is arriving in Santo Domingo in about 3 weeks and he will need a taxi to get him from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas. I will be meeting him in Las Terrenas but since it is his first trip to DR I am hoping to get him hooked up with someone who wont rip him off. Appreciate any and all suggestions.

jeffm

Dec 20, 2011
Stop in at the re/max office across from palapa beach (punta poppi). They can hook you up with a good and reliable taxi guy. $180 US. Tell them you want geronimo to drive you.

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Badpiece,

It's not a 2 hour ride for the taxi driver; it's four hours. Here's an idea: make arrangements with a reputable taxi driver in Las Terrenas to drive to SDQ and pick up your friend yourself. If it were your first trip to DR, wouldn't you want to see a familiar face waiting for you?

Preston

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
travelling from south to north can be expensive. the tolls alone are costly and then if you avoid the last toll it is much harder on the brakes and maintenance of any vehicle. fuel is expensive and I spend $40 to $50 on gas alone on a return trip to SD from LT. if you rent a car it adds another $50 and it all adds up. I have heard that a good price for locally arranged taxi is $200 and tourist prices are double that. you have to be really careful about getting a vehicle to make sure it is in good mechanical condition and you have a responsible driver. sometimes low cost does not always pay off in the long run. the taxi drivers cannot charge low prices and stay in business and do proper maintenance of vehicles.

if you find a good resource you should share it again on the board as it is something of interest for a few. more and more arrivals to Las Terrenas and Samana. if only everyone would use El Catey it would make it a lot easier as using the other airport for arrivals here makes no sense whatsoever.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Transportation to Las Terrenas

Hi:

You basically have three options to get to Las Terrenas from the airport in SD:

1.) Rent a car and drive / Will take you about 2-2.5hrs $75.00

2.) Transporte Las Terrenas bus / Pick it up at their stop before the new highway to the Samana Peninsula/ Take about 2.5-3hrs. approximately $10.00

3.) Hire a taxi in Las Terrenas to pick you up. $200.00

Depending on what time your friend arrives will have an impact on what choice you want to make. If you need additional info you can send me a private message.

S

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
Took Caribe from Sanchez to Las Americas in SDQ only took 1 1/2 hours real nice ride only 330 pesos.