Banking in dr please read and answer me first

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

I need to open a bank account in the Dominican Republic. My bank references are both out on holiday until the middle of January.

Will the bank in the Dominican Republic request to speak to them personally or are the letters from them (which is what I have) enough to open the bank account?

Please give me advice on this.

Thank you all in advance and Happy Holidays!

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
When I went to open my account, I gave the names of three persons and their telephone numbers. After waiting two weeks, as the bank requested, I went back and asked if the account was approved. The answer was "no", because they had not been able to contact my references. A day later, someone from the bank called to say that the account had been approved. And all of my references said that no one ever called them ever.

On the other hand, I asked at another bank about opening an account, and they said that I had to have a letter of reference.

My advice: if one bank says "no", go next door.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
At Banco Santo Cruz a letter will do fine as long as it is current. You also will need your passport, $$ and some one who lives here (has a cedula) to vouch for you. The process will take an hour or so

Bob K

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Tip: Download a graphic from your bank's website. Write your own letter. Scribble illegible signature.

Most banks will accept it at face value down here. It's a strange regulation banks here have that seems to very seldom be really checked out.