Tragic Island

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Newspapers are a good source for Haitian news......

Thanks for the link! Does anyone know how Haiti is doing these days since the earthquake? I don't hear much about Haiti anymore.

Honestly, the best source is the newspapers if you are not in Haiti or have friends or contacts in the country. This forum only has select info based on what posters find interesting and does not give the full spectrum of what's occurring in that troubled nation. One of the best sources in English in my opinion has proven to be the Miami Herald which has a section on Haiti and it's updated and detailed on a daily basis or as events occur.

Haiti | MiamiHerald.com

If you speak French, I discovered a newspaper yesterday because I was looking for a good source for Haitian news and I found Le Matin. I will give it a try for a while and see if it is a paper I want to read for news about Haiti. However, just to answer your question in brief- 'Does anyone know how Haiti is doing these days since the earthquake?' Based on what I have been reading not good at all. The two year anniversary is fast approaching and the lives of many have been changed dramatically for a long period of time because of the earthquake. Unfortunately, it will perpetuate the vicious cycle of poverty and strife that many Haitians were already living in prior to the natural disaster. I read an interesting article by a young woman about her life in that same paper I referenced above, Le Matin, and believe me if I ever had a doubt that life in Haiti is as bad as I imagined, the doubt has been erased.

Le Matin

I am sure there will be plenty of articles in many papers on January 12, 2012, the two year anniversary of the tragic event. Those articles will surely answer your question.

-Marianopolita.