Missing dog.... boxer

Status
Not open for further replies.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yesterday evening, around 10.30 we had an attempted robbery with guns being fired at the dogs. Thanks to the rapid intervention by the police, nothing happened. The dogs were fine as well.

Our gardener, who lives on the property, noticed this morning that his dog, a pure-bred boxer was missing. The dog was outside at the time, but he cannot remember if he was there afterwards.

This guy is really good with his dog, and has already been searching all day long.

So if anybody sees a brown, male boxer, please pm me immediately. The boxer's name is Brao, but I do not know if he will respond to it if anybody else but the gardener or myself would call him. The dog is very gentle, and not dangerous at all.

Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Many dogs will panic at the sounds of gunshots and run. With some luck he may return when he calms down. Glad everyone survived unhurt. Some one posted that New Years Eve was a favorite time for thieves-guess there is some truth in that. Sounds like you were a planned target of these armed thieves. Mans best friend comes through again.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry to hear about the dog and attempted robbery. We know how that feels and have had our dogs poisioned during such an attempt.

You put this in the North Coast thread/area but can you tell us the town that you are in? (thought you are in the Jarabacoa area.) Just in case the dog got out on his own due to the situation and we know where to look.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
We are living at the moment in the area of Sosua Abajo hence the thread is in the NC section.

Thx Hylwud, its indeed a dog Boxer that is missing and not a 'boxer'.

We do hope that he will return when things calm down, he is the most adorable boxer and loved by the gardener who is devastated at the moment.

Like Belgiank said, he will not come to strange people so if some body spots him, please pm Belgiank or me.

Thx

Acira

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We looked for him as long as daylight allowed, but did not find Brao.

To make it more specific. we live on the el choco road.

There are, to me, 2 possibilities.

The first one is the dog ran away with the gunfire, or, as our gardener does not know when he saw Brao the last time, he got scared by the fireworks afterwards, and ran away then.

The second one is more gruesome. His dog got hit by a bullet, managed to run off, and died somewhere in the fields. I sincerely hope this is not the case.

Please guys, keep a look-out for this dog. AAAS, please let us know if you hear something. BRao means a lot to our gardener.

Thanks

May 12, 2005
In case people are unfamiliar with what Boxers look like, here is a foto.

boxer-dog-5.jpg

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Unfortunately you can stop looking for the dog. Our gardener found it dead on the main highway between Sosua and Cabarete. As it was pretty mangled he could not tell whether it had a shot wound.

Our gardener is feeling his loss (the first time I saw a Dominican wipe away some tears over an animal) but is relieved to have found his dog.

Thanks for all the support.

Belgiank

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So sorry to hear that, our last dog was a wonderful Boxer, and we all cried like babies when he died. Such a pity.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Terrible... so sorry to hear about.

As you know, we have 2 graves already from Accidental deaths. Seems to be part of life in RD.

Hard to accept, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.