Barrios

expatdr2012

Jan 8, 2012
What are some good or middle class neighborhoods with lower crime in Santo DOmingo? A friend of mine was recommending Pedregal? How is that neighborhood? I am moving to Santo Domingo for a month or two to teach English and I will be renting a house or apartment.

Feb 7, 2007
I think it will be difficult to rent a regular apartment for a month or two, most likely your options will be limited to furnished short-term rentals. Expect to pay around US$30 per day for a 1 br place and up for bigger place.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What are some good or middle class neighborhoods with lower crime in Santo DOmingo? A friend of mine was recommending Pedregal? How is that neighborhood? I am moving to Santo Domingo for a month or two to teach English and I will be renting a house or apartment.

Best to rent a room close to your work... Fast and cheap, with private bath included.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
You mentioned that you already have a job lined up to teach English. You should ask your employers for recommendations. Also if they are employing people for only a few months at a time perhaps you could take over the rental of a teacher that is leaving.