Cheap Chicken Breasts

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Where can I find cheap chicken breasts, at Nacional for example boneless chicken breast costs about 120 per pound, I was wondering if there is a place where I can find it cheaper.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Try Don Lindo on carretera duarte, parada vieja de
Santiago. Or you can also keep going on same way and
About half mile away at Limonal there is Pollo Cibao.

JJ

Feb 7, 2007
Just bought today BCB at Iberia for RD$125 per pound ...expensive! check your local papers for Meat Specials

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Find some wandering chickens from the barrio, don't get any cheaper than that

LOL, at any given time there are probably a dozen chickens pecking about our property, and none of them are ours. I keep threatening to make pollo guisado out of them, one at a time, and my husband just laughs at me.

He forgets that when I was a little girl on my grandparents' farm it was my job to catch the chicken that grandma knew stopped laying eggs, and bring it to her so she could stretch and snap its neck and prepare it for dinner.

Of course, now that I'm the grandma, I need someone who can go catch the chicken, haha.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
One of the big falicies laid on the American people is that white meat skinless breasts are better for you. If you like them, fine. They are always plentiful because the best chicken rest. only serve dark meat. The facts are, that dark meat chix meat skinless has far more nutrients than white. When my family gets their chicken its only dark meat. If you are a "gringo" and get pica pollo or if you are at the beach or something the rests. buy the whole Cibio chix. and you get the big white breasts. Thats why they will make a run at the dark meat and leave you with the dry no taste white. In my opinion it's best to get pollo criole forget get the hormone, antibotic laced "Pollo Gringo".

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
One of the big falicies laid on the American people is that white meat skinless breasts are better for you. If you like them, fine. They are always plentiful because the best chicken rest. only serve dark meat. The facts are, that dark meat chix meat skinless has far more nutrients than white. When my family gets their chicken its only dark meat. If you are a "gringo" and get pica pollo or if you are at the beach or something the rests. buy the whole Cibio chix. and you get the big white breasts. Thats why they will make a run at the dark meat and leave you with the dry no taste white. In my opinion it's best to get pollo criole forget get the hormone, antibotic laced "Pollo Gringo".

Chicken white meat has lower cholesterol than dark meat.

Chicken white meat has higher amounts of protein, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, and choline.

Chicken dark meat has higher amounts of calcium, iron, and potassium. (For women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, post-menopausal, this could be better, provided cholesterol limits are not exceeded.)

The health benefits of dark vs. white chicken meat, skin-on vs. skinless, and chicken vs. turkey depends on the physical condition and nutrient needs of the individual person.

Read more: Is White Meat Healthier Than Dark Meat? | LIVESTRONG.COM

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
50% soya meat and 50% chicken is good. Some soya meat is fortified and textured or you can make it youself.

Less chickens hiave to die. Curry dishes with soya are good.

pit

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009

I'm only interested in one nutrient, and that's the protein content, and breast has much more protein per ounce than dark meat, I use to body build and wanna get back into it, and it's not a cheap hobby.