Bocha Chita or Puerto plata ????

S

slayde

I'm a 29 y/o guy with a couple of friends that r coming to DR in Sept. As far as the nightlife should we visit Bocha or Puerto... We ant a nice beaach with lots of action. Also, somewhere we we can mingle with the loccal ladies.... Suggestions?

J

james

Are you planning on staying at an all inclusive resort? There are lots of nice beaches maintained in either location. If you are planning on staying in a non-inclusive then I'd choose either Sousa or Boca Chica. Both areas have nice beaches.

Both places have plenty of nightlife. Recently BC has had police raids which has led the nightlife to be less than dazzling. I haven't heard if the raids have hit Sousa/PP area. Maybe someone can comment on that.

You won't go wrong either way. I personally enjoy the nightlife in BC better as they block off the main street at night and the party spills out onto the sidewalk and roads. Plus its very convienant to have a majority of the bars/discos all in a few block area.

I really enjoyed the nightlife in PP but I found it a hassle to have to catch a ride from bar to bar. Its not a big hassle, just a little more difficult if you don't speak Spanish well.

James

T

Tim

I guess you'll do better at Boca Chica (it means little mouth)particularly if you don't speak Spanish

P

Phyllis

Boca Chica: lots of DR ladies, small place, great beach - only two all inclusive hotels, lots of smaller ones.
POP: lots of DR ladies, just not as visable as in Boca Chica; nice beach, not as great though; many, many all inclusive hotels - tons of night life.

D

Doug

Phyllis

Phyllis no big deal but there are three all inclusives in BC