Cant find a smaller Stackable Washer/Dryer in the area.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Went to Corripio yesterday and all they have are these massive stackable washer/dryers. Massive for my small laundry room. The guy next door to me bought one and its HUGE, big enough to wash a family of 4 in one load!
The salesperson at Corripio told me they wont have any smaller size ones for at least a MONTH!
Im looking for
Whirlpool - 1.5 Cu. Ft Electric Washer and 3.5 Cu. Ft. Dryer Combo OR SMALLER. Doesn't have to be whirpool..
I drove around all day looking for an "appliance store" in the area that might have one, couldnt find another appliance store except for Corripio for some reason.
Does anyone have a link or an idea of where I can order a smaller size stackable washer dryer and get it installed?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
PriceSmart has them. Also check with both Plaza Lama and Americana.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Americana does have any? I can't recall... And store in Veron with the big colourful building (memory's lousy this morning, can't remember the name). They've got floors of stuff but I haven't been there in a while so couldn't say if they've got what you're looking for.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Well I tried to get a membership at Pricesmart over the internet at the Santo Domingo store, it was impossible, and Im still not sure they have the size im looking for. The ones at Corripio are "larger sized" stackable washer/dryer.. Plaza lama in higuey has the same "larger size" as Corripio.. IT IS ONE PIECE unit, with the washer on the bottom and dryer on the top, everyone who owns an apartment or Condo has these.. BUT!!! Im unable to find one that is not huge!!
Cobra says he saw them at Pricesmart, the smaller sized one about 1.5 cubic feet for the washer and the dryers are about 3.5 CU. ft.. I called pricesmart to get a membership(the english number) but they dont speak english...
To make it even harder on the Pricesmart DR website they dont have any info on washer/dryers...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Plaza Lama is the nuts for these things, they have some great deals, also Jumbo on Venezuela in the cap on occasion.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Well I tried to get a membership at Pricesmart over the internet at the Santo Domingo store, it was impossible, and Im still not sure they have the size im looking for. The ones at Corripio are "larger sized" stackable washer/dryer.. Plaza lama in higuey has the same "larger size" as Corripio.. IT IS ONE PIECE unit, with the washer on the bottom and dryer on the top, everyone who owns an apartment or Condo has these.. BUT!!! Im unable to find one that is not huge!!
Cobra says he saw them at Pricesmart, the smaller sized one about 1.5 cubic feet for the washer and the dryers are about 3.5 CU. ft.. I called pricesmart to get a membership(the english number) but they dont speak english...
To make it even harder on the Pricesmart DR website they dont have any info on washer/dryers...

Contango

The Americana had them last year, sounds like you want the apartment size combo washer-dryer, I know they did have them because there are a few people in my complex that have them. Give them a call or drive over to take a look see!!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Yes the aprtment sized combo washer/dryer.. The ones Ive seen so far are "combo washer/dryer" but 4 cu Ft.
Corripio said the entire Country is sold out of the size i want...Meanwhile my clothes are getting ripe!
Does pricesmart deliver?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Yes the aprtment sized combo washer/dryer.. The ones Ive seen so far are "combo washer/dryer" but 4 cu Ft.
Corripio said the entire Country is sold out of the size i want...Meanwhile my clothes are getting ripe!
Does pricesmart deliver?

~There is a laundry mat down in the El dorado shopping area in case you need an alternative for washing your laundry in the interum of finding a unit:)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Jdjones thanks, I dont mind the $25, I just need to know what are the actual cubic feet of their washer/dryer one piece units.
jrjr, thanks for the location of the laundramat.

Thanks all for the advice,

Today a maid(who works at the attached hotels) took all of my laundry home in the morning, she insisted, and brought it back clean and ironed and folded beautifuly on hangers, she even ironed my socks! I couldnt believe it! She wouldnt take any money for it either, but I insisted and eventually she took a few dollars..
You have to love the "heart" of many of the Dominican people.....

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
JDJONES, thanks so much for taking the time to do that, and pics too!!!
The big whirpool unit in the photo is the exact same unit in Corrpio and Plaza Lama, and now from your photos Pricesmart too.
Its to big for my tiny laundry room, it will fit but i need to bend backwards to when the dryer door is open (47 inches depth when opened).. I wanted/want one smaller size, but they arent available in this Country!!!
Im now contemplating one of those "dominican type" one piece washer dryers where the clothes dont come out exactly dry...

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I had one of the stackers years ago when I worked in Wash. D.C. These units have not evolved since then. Only the price. The tubs are small, as are the dryers. Long time to dry. Not a good way to go. Maybe get a Whirlpool top loader or similar. Dryers will eat up your electric bill and take up what seems to be precious space. Get back to the past with hanging your stuff on a line in the sun, or get some racks to hang the stuff in house. My family cleans my clothes this way and it is a great "de ga" when I put them on and smell them. A bit of fabric sofener might go a long way.