HOTEL OR RESORTS CLOSE TO HIGUEY????

S

Susan

hello to all, I am planning to come to the DR the end of June. I will be spending about two- three weeks on business. My business will be in Higuey. I would like to know if anyone knows what resorts or hotel would be the closest to town. also any recomendations on where to stay would be great, I wouldnt mind staying in a private rental home or villa. Also I will not have a car should I hire a driver to take me back and forth to town or just get a cab? Many Thanks. Susie

L

Liza

well susie!!!

there is a barcelo hotel on the street behind La Catedral de
Nuestra Se?ora de la Atagracia in Higuey

M

Marc

Higuey is a stone's throw from Bavaro beach, home to approximately 59,000 hotels ;) This is the hot spot lately for tourism.

These are typically quite expensive, but I am not sure what your budget is...You can take guaguas (buses) super cheap to and from Higuey....again, not sure what your budget is, nor your tolerance to riding buses with chickens... ;)

marc

S

Susan

Thanks Marc, Cost is not a issue as far as the resorts go and I do not mind riding with the chickens on the bus. I was raised in the country so I am a country girl at heart. Thanks again

S

Susan

Thanks Liza, I will check the web site. Thanks again. Take care.